- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 11 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I’m curious about something. What is everyone’s view on the groups Anonymous/Lulzsec and their activities?
Personally I do not agree with what they ‘do’. I can share a common ideal with them that information should be free, but I like to throw in a small caveat. I do not believe in sharing information with the public that could be detrimental to human life. Leaking information about the questionable practices of a large corporation is one thing, but messing with DoD and local law enforcement is crossing the line. I understand that ‘they’ argue that corrupt officials need to be ousted but what exactly did [insert random patrol cop’s name here] do to you? Some of them may be jerks or even scumbags I know; however not all of them are. Couldn’t punishing everyone and not just those responsible for wrong doings be compared to sending innocent people to jail?
I dunno… that’s just my take on it. What’s yours?
Hey – a similar discussion took place in this post:
*Puts dunce cap on head*
Dang. Thanks… missed that one.
I don’t know what I think since I read Ranum’s rant
Does the end justify the means?
Do virus creators work for anti-virus companies to keep themselves in a job?
How about black hats?
Are some doing it so they can work both sides?
Is it good for business and bad for society?
The reverse? Neither/both?
Does exposing government abuse make us safer or less safe?
Should we take the high road or the pragmatic road?
These are all tough questions that aren’t easily answered.
– EH-Net Live! “CISO Underrepresented“ w/ Mark Arnold and Steph Ihezukwu on Tues June 30 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! May – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics” w/ Jake Williams from May 28.
– EH-Net Live! April – Video & Deck Available Now! for “IoT Hacking 101 – Firmware Funhouse!” w/ Village IDIOT Labs from April 23.
– EH-Net Live! March – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain” w/ Alyssa Miller from March 31.
– EH-Net Live! January – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Shellcode for the Masses” w/ John Hammond from Jan 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.