You… Shmoo? (Meet-up Thread)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      rance
      Participant

Who’s going?  Anyone want to get together for a`lil EH-net meetup?

I’m getting in to DC Wed afternoon, leaving monday eve.  Hoping to do a bit of sight seeing on thursday if the weather is nice (didn’t get to do much during SANS).  Got a friend doing an 80’s DJ night thing in Adams Morgan thurs night i might wander over to…

So, meet at the hotel? Go out for some adult beverages?  I dunno, I’m not a party planner.  🙂 

tturner
      Participant

I’m flying in Friday AM and leaving Sunday night. I’d be down for an informal gathering.

eth3real
      Participant

I’ll be there Thursday night, I’m in for a meetup. ;D

rance
      Participant

I have arrived! 🙂

Triban
      Participant

So how did Schmoo go??

eth3real
      Participant

It was excellent, rance and I were an awesome team in the lockpicking competition. ;D

rance
      Participant

@eth3real wrote:

It was excellent, rance and I were an awesome team in the lockpicking competition. ;D

Hear hear!  Although I still feel like an ass for throwing away those time bonus points, but I hate losing to technology! Ya know what our biggest issue was though?  No EH.net t-shirts.  We would have been the team to beat if we had those.  😉 @ don

I also learned how to impression a key, here’s the final result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd1aF75Jk4Q

Got to meet tturner as well. Many drinks were had!

If you haven’t seen it yet, this was probably the most gasp-inspiring demo at the con (although, attacking proximity card access systems demo was very similar and frightening) http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2012/01/30/hackers-demo-shows-how-easily-credit-cards-can-be-read-through-clothes-and-wallets/

Unfortunately, like defcon, waaaay too much to see and do, but what I got crammed in was definitely worth it.

Good to meet those that made it, see whoever at the next con!  (Notacon? Thotcon? Hmmmm… (as my credit card screams in pain)) 🙂

tturner
      Participant

Yeah it was a great con. Some of the talks were pretty bad which made me a little irritated my CFP got rejected but most were excellent. I had a great time, met some new faces (Rance) and had some really interesting adventures that I choose not to disclose here. At least the ones I remember… 😉

I still think DerbyCon is a better con but not by much. I’m VERY glad to have experienced Shmoo and I will definitely go again if I get the chance.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?