What’s the story behind your nick name / handle?

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      morpheus063
      Participant

Just curious – whats the story behind your nick (nick name) or handle?

Well mine – i always liked the quote “You may say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one” by John Lennon. And Greek mythology has always fascinated me. So picked up Morpheus – The Greek God of Dreams.

What’s the story behind your nick/handle?

Xen
      Participant

My username doesn’t mean anything. It’s just something I created which should be unique to me.

Ketchup
      Participant

I like ketchup ;D

Anonymous
      Participant

Hordak was my favorite HeMan – Masters of the Universe villain since I was what? 6? 

appending an extra k makes it look cooler  ;D

@Manu
      glad to hear you like Greek Mythology. I love it as well (well…I’m Greek… ::))

yatz
      Participant

Yatz is part of my name, plus it’s kinda cool to say.

hayabusa
      Participant

hayabusa – I actually changed it from what it was in the old days (changed it about 9 years ago…)  I like this one better than the old (which for anonymity, I won’t list here)

I study a lot of Japanese culture, and I like the translation of it, as it’s the fastest, most agile bird on the planet (a peregrin falcon.)  Their speed, agility and cunning make them exceptional hunters, and I envy their abilities.

More recently, it’s one of, if not THE (depending on whose tests you like) fastest production sportbikes on the planet, and I own one, until this Friday, when it’s going home with a new owner

Anyway, that’s where mine came from…

zeroflaw
      Participant

zeroflaw = no flaws  😀

Anonymous
      Participant

Is part of my name, and I was reading LOTR when I created

rattis
      Participant

The one you see, chrisj, was my first login when I started working in IT. I worked for a small company, and they did first name, last initial.

my twitter name, rattis is a variation of my childhood nick name.

secureseve
      Participant

I went through 6 aliases trying to find the right one, and by the 7th alias…seven seemed suitable lol. I added the “secure” cause someone already took seven.

Dengar13
      Participant

Hordakk:  That is some good stuff.  I love HeMan too!  I fondly remember Hordak.

Dengar is my favorite character from Star Wars and 13 is the day of the month I was born and my lucky number.

sil
      Participant

sil is something I’ve been using since circa 95 or so. Initially I used silencer but became too lazy to keeping typing it all so I shortened it. After shortening it, for years I had to fend of L0pht groupies and respond: “I am not silicosis…” (ehlo Paul ;)) I also interchanged between other nicks

bamed
      Participant

bamed is a combination of my initials and the first three letters of my last name.
      Initials=BAM
      1st 3 letters of last name=Med

I like it cause I can use it as a verb.  You’ve been bamed!

clanggedin
      Participant

Clanggedin Silverbeard is the Dwarven God of Battle. It’s from my AD&D days.

caissyd
      Participant

For me, I saw this nice ad in a computer game magazine and managed to get an hold on the image on the internet. To me, it represents “serious” and “funny” at the same time! It also represents the average government employees who works on the same thing, days after days, and then becomes monkeys. Replacing “i” by “1” and so on is the little hacker in me (I watched too many movies!).

j0rDy
      Participant

no nickname…Jordy is my real name. I just replaced the o with a 0 (zero) so i can keep track of myself through search engines 😛

why? because i have nothing to hide…wanna know my password? here: ********  8)

Anonymous
      Participant

hahaha! nice one j0rDy!

rvs
      Participant

I got my nick when I was jumped in and I have to use a tag named.

What90
      Participant

Mine was created from sheer annoyance.

I was attempting to open a hotmail account, way back when hotmail was new and shiny,  using my name. Hotmail merrily informed me the name was taken but I could have ChrisMohan90.

My response went something like “WHAT? 90! – bugger.” and so a simple angry outburst became my new email address and eventually, forum handle 🙂

Anonymous
      Participant

From an old AD&D Gold Box series game – Bane of the Cosmic Forge. I’ve always liked the name and those games.

Knb15
      Participant

Knb15 actually came from about 9 years ago when i spent a long time thinking of a nickname for an email address i was creating. With my lack of creativity i couldn’t come up with anything. I had just seen the movie Hackers and “Crash and Burn” came to mind. So it stuck. Changed the C to K since others had already used some variation of crash and burn.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?