What happened to the challenges?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      eth3real
      Participant

I would love to see another challenge. I never had a chance to participate before, because the ones I saw were a bit over my head at the time, but now I’m anxious to get involved in something like that. Any idea if there’s ever going to be another one?

Even though the actual challenges were over my head at the time, I really loved reading the story that went along with it, and some of the answers were incredible. My favorite was Frosty the Snow Crash. πŸ™‚

TheXero
      Participant

eth3real you mean hacker challenges like CTF etc?

I am currently building up a ‘pentest network’ which will hopefully allow people to VPN and do it in a safe environment πŸ™‚

n3r
      Participant

i think he’s speaking about challenges on EHnet like in Skillz section like The Nightmare Before Charlie Brown’s Christmas

eth3real
      Participant

n3r, yes, that’s exactly what I was talking about. I should have posted a link in the original post:

http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/170/2/
      and
      http://www.ethicalhacker.net/content/view/344/2/

These are just a few, there’s a bunch of them. πŸ™‚

TheXero, I’m also interested in what you’re doing, I’d love to hear some more details about this. πŸ™‚

TheXero
      Participant

Cool, the most recent challenge I hosted was in September and then I started to build a some ESXi hosts and how in the process of creating the VMs to run in the lab

Idea’s for challenges are always welcome πŸ˜€

eth3real
      Participant

The 2600 chapter in my area is wanting to do something similar. I’ll give you details when we start, maybe we can help eachother out. πŸ™‚

Eleven
      Participant

@TheXero wrote:

eth3real you mean hacker challenges like CTF etc?

I am currently building up a ‘pentest network’ which will hopefully allow people to VPN and do it in a safe environment πŸ™‚

That sounds awesome. Β Are people going to be able to use it for free? Β Keep in mind not only would that be useful to penetration testers, but I’m sure it would really help those in forensics if you posted a torrent of the virtual machines and/or communication after the attacks for people to analyze.

TheXero
      Participant

I have only hosted 2 or 3 recently (been a bit busy with my new lab).

It’s all for a bit of fun/learning so yeah it’s been free for everyone πŸ˜€

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright Β©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?