Video – Very solid DefCon presentation from the Metasploit crew

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      pseud0
      Participant

HD Moore and crew put on a very good presentation at DefCon this year.  The basic idea: uber-skillz are great for showing off but are no measure of your skill as a pen tester, having a broad understanding of a variety of concepts will get you a lot further.

http://www.hakiri.com/2007/12/probably-the-best-hacker-presentation-of-2007/

Anonymous
      Participant

interesting, so i cant just run tools and be a pentester? i have no know what i am doing and protocols and stuff?  very interesting.

i was there for that talk, it was packed and really good and he gave the other half of it in the breakout room after, i heard the blackhat version was much better because he wasnt so rushed.

and if you havent read the tactical exploitation whitepaper you should its really good.

AND AND i did the smbrelay demo at chicagocon, in the video at defcon it really happens so fast you cant see it, gimme a bit and i’ll make the video public on LearnSecurityOnline.com

BillV
      Participant

Good presentation, I enjoyed it. I’ll be checking out the paper as Chris suggested shortly 🙂

Anonymous
      Participant
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?