January 11, 2012 at 11:20 pm #723142sptParticipant
Version 0.4 of the open source phishing education tool “spt” (Simple Phishing Toolkit) was recently released. Notable features and improvements in this version include:
– Education packages introduced. You can now educate your targets are a part of a campaign. You have the option to educate on link click (drive-by malware downloads), on form submission (credential harvesting) or not at all. A default education package is included, but you can easily author and upload your own custom education for usage. (We have plans for some additional education content and possibilities.)
– Response analytics have been added to the campaign details output. This includes details about the date and time a link was followed, the IP address the target used, browser name and version and operating system type.
– Basic geo-location information available. Click the target’s IP on the campaign details output and open a new browser tab that shows the geo-location for that IP. (We have plans for a more full featured geo-location module in the future).
– Editor module improvements and enhancements. The editor now allows for editing of education packages as well from the spt dashboard, no FTP uploads required for edits to templates or education packages.
You can track all past, and future planned, changes on the spt project site on the “Change Log” tab of the Download page at http://www.sptoolkit.com/download/.
If the project sounds interesting to you, please consider taking a look at it by downloading and testing it your environment. (We opted to remove the online demo of the spt after receiving some complaints from sites that were used to highlight the incredible effectiveness and ease of use of our site scraper). We are welcome all feedback and ideas as we continue to develop the project. Please feel free to contact us via replies to this thread, or via the contact form on the project web site.
– The spt project
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.