Top 10 Certifications for 2010

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      UNIX
      Participant

CISSP and CISM are most sought by professionals.

More here

Any thoughts? 🙂

jason
      Participant

Interesting that they lump GIAC certs into one big category…

Ketchup
      Participant

Interesting.  Working in the forensics industry, I haven’t seen many people seeking CSFA certification.

KamiCrazy
      Participant

I’m frankly not suprised by CISSP and CISM. Having either one usually makes one’s CV stand out to the HR department.

unsupported
      Participant

Maybe once I’m done with my GCIA I’ll look at CISM.  Either that, or go through GSEC, work on some gold papers and go for the GSE.  A few people in my department have been surprised by the loose definition of technical management experience for the CISM.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Things are still up in the air for this year.  I’ll need to talk to my functional manager and the manager who is paying my billz to find out what their wants are.

Ash Chole
      Participant

Guess the Sec+ was to low level to make the list. Was surprised to see vendor specific certs on the list. Guess I will pick that Cisco book back up!

caissyd
      Participant

For my part, I am surprised there is nothing about penetration testing (GPEN – although though GIAC,  OSCP, etc).

Is it me or it really looks like managers have answered the survey more than everybody else…

But I am fairly new in the field, so it is probably me…   ;D

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?