- This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 6 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
I am looking for tool that can be used for email spoofing.
Don’t know of any publicaly available tools but if you’re wanting to spoof email, it can be simply achieved with a telnet/netcat client and a basic understanding of the protocol. Once you’ve got it down it’s simple to script/code to do the job for you. Works wonders for user awareness testing 😀
Not sure if this might help but I wrote a blog post a while ago about spoofing email using Sterm and Telnet.
Perhaps the simplest way is to configure the From: address in a mail client and spoof emails that way. This is how I first spoofed mails back in the ’90s when SMTP servers didn’t really care who you said you were. If you’re connecting to a permissive enough mail server then this technique might work.
If you’re serious about learning security then learn to speak SMTP. It’s a valuable skill for testing and debugging mail servers as well as a means of spending prank mail.
I will have to look into it… but I know I was reading not long ago about a couple of programs specifically for crafting faked up emails with spoofed headers etc. And imbedded links that lead to (if your corp) a corporate web site to teach users about the hazards of clicking on links from unknown sources. Kind of a user training tool. The one program I looked at seemed decent, but I forget what the name was. One of the problems with getting old.
– EH-Net Live! Thurs Oct 29 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Details Coming Soon!
– EH-Net Live! Sept – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Android Hacking Proving Ground!” w/ Kyle Benac from Sept 24.
– EH-Net Live! Aug – Video & Deck Available Now! for “TryHackMe – Behind the Curtain” w/ Ben Spring and Ashu Savani from Aug 27.
– EH-Net Live! June – Video & Deck Available Now! for “CISO Underrepresented” w/ Mark Arnold and Steph Ihezukwu from June 30.
– EH-Net Live! May – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics” w/ Jake Williams from May 28.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.