The Evaluation – Four Phases to Finding "Better" Solutions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rafal Los 1 month ago.

• Author
     Rafal Los 
    Participant

Whether you’ve spent your career in cyber security on the vendor/provider side or the enterprise side of the table, you’ve no doubt participated in th[See the full article at: The Evaluation – Four Phases to Finding “Better” Solutions]

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Don Donzal.
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

Or sometimes when there’s no clear winner yet the vendor tries to convince you that there is…

You know, the finger?

Just continuing the theme. 😉

Don

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Don Donzal.
     MTGreen 
    Participant

Rafal,

Thanks for the article, and the upcoming series commitment.

I like your identification of a four-phase process. Context will of course vary, but it is important that these phases are evaluated within a context of an organizational security strategy and the achievement of well-defined objectives. Considering a given problem, solution, test, evaluate sequence within the framework of a pre-defined security strategy reduces the tendency to skew each of those stages towards a favorable view of an identified outcome. Problem statements can otherwise be written with a given solution in mind rather than a given objective. Metrics chosen that support a given technology rather than organizational progress towards a performance objective.

You obviously have more to write on the subject, and I look forward to the reading.

Rafal Los 
    Participant

My apologies for being slow to publish the rest…life has thrown a bit more than I could reasonably take on. Writing the follow ups as I write this…standby!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Copyright ©2018 Caendra, Inc.

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?