TCP/IP Illustrated Volumes 1-3

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Disneycrack
      Participant

I was curious about this set of books considering I have heard many people still reading them now because of the foundation it builds. Amazon just recently released a 2nd edition of the series here http://www.amazon.com/TCP-Illustrated-Protocols-Addison-Wesley-Professional/dp/product-description/0321336313/ref=dp_proddesc_0?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books.

I just wanted an opinion on the series since I just purchased Counter Hack reloaded and have been building up my collection of books to read.

Thanks

alucian
      Participant

I will buy it. I wanted to buy a copy of the original one, but the new one suppose to be updated.

I am sure that everybody will have something to learn from it.

I have at least 3 technical books in my cart at amazon, and I will buy them when I’ll finish the ones I already bought. 

ZeroOne
      Participant

TCP/IP Illustrated is the bible of TCP/IP, it goes depth in details, reading this book is not like reading any other one, you will never regret buying it, IMO its a must have book for every one who is interested in networks for beginners/pros.

unicityd
      Participant

You’ve resurrected a very old thread, but this deserves comment:

I haven’t read the second edition of Vol I, but the original was one of a kind and is still worth reading even though parts are obsolete.  It’s probably the best technical book I’ve ever read.

The second volume is a commentary on the source code and probably won’t be useful unless you’re building a TCP/IP stack or testing one.  If you really care about the low level details however…

I think volume three is mostly obsolete.

dynamik
      Participant
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?