Swapping study material

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi all,

Over the weekend I got email from someone who I don’t know asking me If I could provide him with some training material. In exchange he would give me the material for courses he has done.

Of course I would never do this but would you contact the companies and let them know ?

Thanks

White ghost
      Participant

Yes you right but you can give them your feedback

hayabusa
      Participant

@Jamie.R – I have a feeling that the same person asked me for some ‘trades’, this morning.  My advice to you is to do what I did:

Reply to them, explaining that trading copyrighted material is not only unethical, but illegal, as well.  Then, I reported the PM he / she sent me, to the mods, so that if the person continues, they can keep track of them.

I could go on a LONG discussion here, but ultimately, it happens here, so often, that I’d be filling up multiple threads, too often, and it’s not worth the time or the effort.

So again, if I were you, I’d simply tell them no, and report it to the mods.

cd1zz
      Participant

I got the same email

WCNA
      Participant

same here

Anonymous
      Participant

it was an email not a pm

Darktaurus
      Participant

I got the same thing.  Seems like people are forgetting the ethical part…

lorddicranius
      Participant

There was a thread posted awhile back with a guy asking the same thing (encoded his email address in his post).  Maybe it was the same guy scraping email addresses from the site and re-offering..?

hayabusa
      Participant

I seem to recall personally pointing out that last guy, too (and noting he’d been trying, multiple times, both here,and elsewhere, based on his email address…

It never ends, and all we can , do it continue to ‘educate’ them, and monitor / warn them for continued attempts…

MaXe
      Participant

@Jamie.R wrote:

Of course I would never do this but would you contact the companies and let them know ?

That’s the most morally correct thing you can do, so if you feel like doing this then you should  🙂

It’s best to report incidents like this when it’s on a more massive scale, as not only is it illegal and unethical, you can also get in a lot of trouble as your name is watermarked in all of the material Jamie.

(You don’t want your private details all over the Internet right?  ;D Also, if they find out, you’ll be stripped from all certifications and banned from taking any future courses and certifications.)

Even I have been contacted at least 10 times, and it’s really annoying  :-

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

I PMed the member that contacted many of you, and they sent a response apologizing. Let me know if it continues, and I’ll simply ban them.

Thanks for keeping the ethics of this community intact.

Don

impelse
      Participant

Yep, I got one too. If he apologized is because he thought that it was right.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2022 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?