Steganography Tools

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      El33tsamurai
      Participant

http://rtncyberjobs.com/#.TtW5RZJBC10.wordpress

Raytheon Have a Cyber Warrior challenge going on and I need a steganography tool for the first challenge but all the steg tools I have found online are out of date or done work with jpgs.  Anyone know where I can find a tool where the website and tool works?

eth3real
      Participant

Thanks for the link, I love getting involved in stuff like this.

Unfortunately, I don’t know of any tools to help, but if I come across anything, I’ll let you know.

El33tsamurai
      Participant

Thanks alot man, yeah the challenge is alot of fun :-D.

Ignatius
      Participant

There’s a very recent article about Image and Audio Steganography on Infosec Institute (http://resources.infosecinstitute.com/steganography-tutorial/).  I haven’t looked at it in detail, but he uses Linux-based tools when dealing with .jpeg files (as well as .png).  It might be worth your having a look through it.  Perhaps you could post a comment in the thread and the author (a researcher with ISI) might be able to give you some guidance.

El33tsamurai
      Participant

I will defiantly check it and let you know.

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

It’s a few years old, but James Shewmaker of Bluenotch and SANS did a preso at ChicagoCon:

Le’go My Stego
      James Shewmaker,  Bluenotch, SANS

What happens when viral marketing meets hidden data? In the new media world of Web 2.0, massive content can hide massive data. How can steganographic techniques survive media conversion? This talk will discuss the impact, potential, and demonstration using freely available remote storage to stash your data.

PPT – 81.9 KB

MP3 – 14.0 MB – 39 Minutes

James Shewmaker has over 15 years experience in IT, primarily developing appliances for automation and security for broadcast radio, internet, and satellite devices. He is one of the first GIAC Platinum certified Malware (GSM) experts. Jim has written and audited questions for GIAC and is on the Advisory Board. Jim is a founder and active consultant for Bluenotch which focuses on investigations, penetration testing, and analysis. He has contributed to the courseware in various SANS courses including Security Essentials and Reverse Engineering Malware: Advanced Techniques.

Hope that helps,
      Don

alan
      Participant

Check the long list of them on here: http://www.jjtc.com/Steganography/tools.html

Good luck on becoming a cyber warrior, it’s a fun puzzle!

El33tsamurai
      Participant

All the jpegs on that site don’t work :-D.

alan
      Participant

what about the jpg ones?

EDIT: sent you a pm

El33tsamurai
      Participant

The programs intended for jpeg stegs do not work!

Ignatius
      Participant

@El33tsamurai wrote:

The programs intended for jpeg stegs do not work!

There have been a couple of segments in recent episodes from Hak5 that dealt with Steganalysis.  Check them out … the most recent is here.

El33tsamurai
      Participant

I will thanks alot.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?