Spam generator tool …

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  UNIX 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     sharabhs 
    Participant

Hi All,

Right now I am working on project , where we have to protect our mail server from spams with the help of spam filter.

So to test this one, I need a gud tool to generate a spam.

Can anybody help in this regard.

Thanks,
    Sharabh Sharma

UNIX 
    Participant

@sharabhs wrote:

[…] where we have to protect our mail server from spams with the help of spam filter. […]

This way you will probably corrupt the spamfilter by yourself. Spammers often try this when generating spam which seems to contain absurd content without sense. This is done in order to “inject” the real spam better.

Please read through Bayesian Poisoning.

sharabhs 
    Participant

Hi Sir,

Then how we can test this one….

Thanks,
    Sharabh Sharma

LordKrats 
    Participant

You might ask a couple of Admins to forward you SPAM from their filters. Or just sign-up a couple of email address at several .ru site offering stimulus money or anything free.
    (Somehow that seemed to work for my less computer savvy users.)

timmedin 
    Participant

@lordkrats wrote:

You might ask a couple of Admins to forward you SPAM from their filters. Or just sign-up a couple of email address at several .ru site offering stimulus money or anything free.
    (Somehow that seemed to work for my less computer savvy users.)

Good idea. I would also suggest you do it with a throw away domain so you can stop when you are done testing. Go buy a domain, set up some email addresses, sign them up on some crappy sites then wait. When you are done with the test delete the MX record from your name server and it all goes away.

UNIX 
    Participant

Normal forward is no good idea as the return address would be the one from the admins. Don’t know if it is possible to forward them in another way so that it can’t be seen who forwarded them. If this is somehow possible (maybe in some automatic way based on heuristics) it could also happen that legit emails will be forwarded. Not sure on this though.

Also registering at some dubios websites or lottery/ advertisement websites won’t help in my opinion as I would consider this not as spam. More than often it is possible to remove ones email-adress from such mailing lists with ease (though some people are too “stupid” for this. I quoted stupied because mainly the reason is that they are not reading carefully enough). I would category this not into Spam but something different.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?