Social-Engineer Toolkit (SET) v1.5 “Convergence Edition” Released

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

I’m proud to announce that the Social-Engineer Toolkit (SET) v1.5 “Convergence Edition” has officially been released. This release adds new Metasploit client-side exploits and more granularity around the SET interactive shell. One of the main accomplishments in this version is the cross-compatibility of the SET interactive shell which now supports Windows, OSX, and *NIX. Interesting enough it does smart detection based on platform and leverages the same codebase when triggering payloads. Overall this has been several months of development getting the interactive shell to a point to where it’s stable and supports multiple operating systems.

For more info:
      http://www.secmaniac.com/june-2011/the-social-engineer-toolkit-set-v1-5-convergence-edition-has-been-released/

don

jsm725
      Participant

The shear number of potential attacks and ease in which SET executes them scares the living crap out of me. You can protect your network all you want, but end users will almost always be the weakest link. Protect your network from your users!!!!

hayabusa
      Participant

R3l1k never ceases to amaze me with his updates.  Should be fun to test the new stuff.

El33tsamurai
      Participant

@jsm725 wrote:

The shear number of potential attacks and ease in which SET executes them scares the living crap out of me. You can protect your network all you want, but end users will almost always be the weakest link. Protect your network from your users!!!!

This is why you must have awareness training all the time :-D.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?