Silly CEH Qustions

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      scuccii
      Participant

I’m new to the CEH exam and just finished reading and studying a Sybex book that would prepar someone for the 312-50 and EC0-350. I saw a lot of talk about CEH v7 and wasn’t sure which exam the study material I have would map to?

I’m going to start doing labs and setting up some stuff at home, I just wasn’t sure what was on the test or what was mapped to the one I was going to hopefully take.

I heard that there was a lot of weird questions in the CEH, should I wait until the next one comes out?

chad_work2001
      Participant

I took CEHv6 and studied with CEHv5 material.  CEHv7 is coming out at the end of March I believe.  Unless you absolutely have to have it now, I would suggest waiting.  But the bottom line is: it’s the cert that counts, not which version.  You have to keep up with your security credits to maintain your CEH or re-certify every three years I believe.

chad_work2001
      Participant

The most important part is not the certification but the training and especially the homework you’ll do.  You can get the cert without a lot of effort, but it’s what you learn doing your homework and practicing ethical hacking that makes a difference.

BillV
      Participant

The objectives for v7 are supposed to be changing slightly. You will be better prepared for the v6 exam with the material you have studied. That exam will be available for 6 more months after the v7 release ( ~ September)

scuccii
      Participant

Very noobish question, yet again.

Does the CEH have a hands on aspect to the exam? Also does anyone have any particular areas to focus on before taking the exam from experiance? Is this just mostly memorization?

BillV
      Participant

The CEH exam does not have a hands-on portion. Focus on the objectives covered in the official study guide and know your mainstream tools (and their command line options, e.g., nmap -sS -sV -PN -v -p 21 192.168.1.1). It’s as much memorization as any other non-hands-on certification exam.

j0rDy
      Participant

*j0rDy takes notes on the FTP server that BillV is running on his internal network*  8)

i suggest to wait, i hear great things about the V7 version of the course, and ofcourse it will be more material and probably a harder exam, but it is all about the things you learn, and i think you will learn a lot more from the new course. Good luck!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?