Shon Harris’ CISSP All-In-One 4th Edition

This topic contains 9 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  DrivinTin 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

As I always say, use more than one source of material when studying for any exam. One should be the official guide and the other should be from an expert who has the ability to explain things in a way that sticks in your head that maybe the official book couldn’t do. Shon’s book was my choice back when it was in its 2nd edition, and now the 4th is available. Wow how time flies… or I’m just getting old. I like her writing style, and this has been a crowd favorite since the first edition. If you’re going for your CISSP, you won’t be sorry checking this one out:

CISSP All-In-One 4th Ed by Shon Harris.

Book Description from Amazon:

All-in-One is All You Need

Fully revised for the latest exam release, this authoritative volume offers thorough coverage of all the material on the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam. Written by a renowned security expert and CISSP, this guide features complete details on all 10 exam domains developed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC²). Inside, you’ll find learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, exam tips, practice questions, and in-depth explanations. CISSP All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition will not only help you pass the test, but also be your essential on-the-job reference.

Covers all 10 subject areas on the exam:

Access control
    Application security
    Business continuity and disaster recovery planning
    Cryptography
    Information security and risk management
    Legal, regulations, compliance, and investigations
    Operations security
    Physical (environmental) security
    Security architecture and design
    Telecommunications and network security

The CD-ROM features:

Simulated exam with practice questions and answers
    Video training from the author
    Complete electronic book

About the Author

Shon Harris, CISSP, MCSE, is the president of Logical Security, an IT security consulting and training company. She is a former engineer in the Air Force’s Information Warfare unit, an instructor, and the bestselling author of the previous three editions of this book. Shon has taught computer and information security to a wide range of clients, including RSA, the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, the National Security Agency (NSA), and many more.

Hope this helps,
    Don

slimjim100 
    Participant

Yea Shon Harris helped me alot when I was per pairing for the exam!

Brian

Dengar13 
    Participant

Thanks Don.  This is the book I am currently reading now and think her material is easy to read as well.  She makes the topics at hand interesting and relevant.

blackice2007 
    Participant

You want to see Official (Isc)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK  or Shon Harris’ CISSP All-In-One 4th Edition before you buy!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the site:

(Isc)2 http://www.google.com/books?id=RbihG-YALUkC&printsec=frontcover&lr=&sig=0avz6Znsnia1UlHqJ7FirwUw49w#PPP1,M1

Shon Harris’  http://www.google.com/books?id=tMmm-h0bRgIC&printsec=frontcover&lr=&sig=S0IDoA1W1uuxK2KizX6MVKSGXRM

I am reading right now Computer Security Handbook by Seymour Bosworth (Editor), Michel E. Kabay (Editor). I think this is the best book for Master level research.
    ::)

thedavil 
    Participant

Just finished a weekly CISSP training course through my local ISSA chapter, and their main source of information was Shon Harris’ book (included in the low cost of the course).

However, more than one instructor called the Official (Isc)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK a good sleep aid!  ;D

oneeyedcarmen 
    Participant
    tehdavil wrote:
    However, more than one instructor called the Official (Isc)2 Guide to the CISSP CBK a good sleep aid! 

That instructor wasn’t too far off.  I had made up my mind that I was going to read that entire thing cover to cover prior to taking any classes.  Let’s just say that because I was stubborn about it, and got sleepy a LOT, my goal was pushed back by about a month.

But it worked.  Passed on the first try with 2.5 hours to spare.

I’d recommend reading both…or at least hitting up the Official Guide for the domains with which you’re less familiar.  And don’t forget about Clement’s site, http://www.cccure.org!  One of the best free resources available.

UNIX 
    Participant

CISSP All In One Book FIFTH EDITION has been released

A comprehensive, up-to-date revision of the market-leading CISSP training resource

More at CCCure.

willguibr 
    Participant

This book is really good but contains too many bias. The author should not use some many references to “She”, “Her” and so on.

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

You do realize that Shon is a female?

Don

DrivinTin 
    Participant

willguibr: It is funny that you mentioned that, it never bothered me, but I did notice all the she/her. I realize the author is a female, but I think it is funny how much I noticed it, and I have to think the reason has to be because there is hardly any female security analysts. Heck, I can honestly say I don’t know a single one personally.

I will agree this is a must have book. You can buy it so cheap off Amazon, and when I took the CISSP all I used was this book. Mostly read the whole thing, then took the test. Took me about 4 days, and I passed just fine. (yes granted I had years of experience)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?