ShmooCon 2011

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

ShmooCon 2011
      Washington, DC
      January 28 – 30, 2011

Different – ShmooCon is an annual east coast hacker convention hell-bent on offering three days of an interesting atmosphere for demonstrating technology exploitation, inventive software and hardware solutions, and open discussions of critical infosec issues.  The first day is a single track of speed talks called One Track Mind.  The next two days bring three tracks:  Build It, Break It and Bring It On.

Affordable – ShmooCon is about high quality without the high price.  Keep in mind that space is limited and we’ve sold out quickly every year. 

Accessible – ShmooCon is held in Washington, DC at the Washington Hilton Hotel, just a few short blocks from the DC metro.  Fly into DCA, IAD or BWI or take a train to Union Station and you’re just a short cab ride away from the con.

Entertaining – Brain melting from all the cool tech you’re learning?  Be sure to check out the other events running during ShmooCon, including the Hacker Arcade, ShmooCon Labs, Hack-or-Halo and more.  Saturday night is party night, where typically we throw an off site bash just to shake things up a bit.

Venue

Washington Hilton
      Washington, DC

For more info:
      http://www.shmoocon.org

Don

dynamik
      Participant

Assuming I can secure a ticket, I will definitely be going to this. Anyone else planning on attending?

former33t
      Participant

Without a doubt.

Ketchup
      Participant

I am thinking about it.  I didn’t see much info on their site about 2011, but I’ve always wanted to go.

pizza1337
      Participant

I want to attend, but not 100% sure if I will be able to yet.

archtctfr
      Participant

This one looks a bit dead. I have made it the last 4 years. It is so much better than that Vegas crawl. Went to that years ago and now it is just way to many people. These guys limit the number that can attend. It get a bit interesting at ticket time. However the information and the party are always worth the effort. I was there last year and it was over 30 inches of snow. Barely got out of DC. Although that is in the past now and this year is about here. A friend who was at Shmoo last year in the snow, went to Toor this year. I am guess the snow is San diego will not be too bad for him.

former33t
      Participant

Again, assuming I can get a ticket I’ll be there as well.  I was working on a presentation for the conference but school got in the way and somehow passing became more important than presenting….

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

…first round of ticket sales will now commence at noon EDT on Thursday, November 4.

Yes… that’s 15 minutes from now!

http://www.shmoocon.org

Don

pizza1337
      Participant

Second round tomorrow.
      Make sure to get extra tickets 😉

b1u3
      Participant

Looks like today’s round of tickets (550) sold out in 9 seconds.

Anyone lucky enough to get tickets?

pizza1337
      Participant

@b1u3 wrote:

Nope.

rdm
      Participant

@b1u3 wrote:

Missed out.  🙁

UNIX
      Participant

If you have missed a ticket, you can try to win one through the GitS CTF warmup contest.

DrivinTin
      Participant

So anyone from the forums planning on making it this year?  I know ticket sales were a bit hectic but I figured there had to be a few on here that actually got a ticket. 

I was fortunate enough to get a ticket on round 1, then was offered a ticket for the talk I submitted in the CFP. (Sorry the ticked went to a friend who gave me a hotel last year)

I hope to see some of you guys there, this will only be my second Shmoocon, but judging by last time, it is a much more educational atmosphere then Defcon.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?