Seeking a job to get started in IT

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      landen99
      Participant

I am in Houston, TX with a BS in Physics, computer programming skills, A+ cert, an interest and basic understanding of networks, operating systems, and security, and a desire to move into computer security in the next few years.  MS in IT is in progress (6/2010).  My job experience lies mostly in seismic engineering/geophysics with only minor interactions with an IT department, but I have probed systems and implemented programming to create highly successful scripts in VBA, bash, and DOS.  I am looking for leads to get into the IT field, and am willing to consider relocation with the right opportunity.

unsupported
      Participant

Good luck!  Working on your degree will be your best asset.  I would recommend working through your school to see if you can get an internship.

I would also recommend focusing on other technical forums, as EH-Net tends to be more specialized in security related issues.  I’m not trying to kick you out the door, just want to set your expectations.

snortymcsnort
      Participant

Get your foot in the door.  I started with a minimum wage job in IT and found I was able to quickly prove my abilities and move up.  Its difficult to get noticed with just a resume, and it is much easier to get quality time with IT decision makers once you are on the inside.

Good Luck!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?