Security Tube

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      hackly66
      Participant

I was trying out SSLStrip using BT3 and XP in VM and it worked follow this tut —>
      http://www.securitytube.net/SSLstrip-Tutorial-video.aspx

Also other cool Video’s —->http://www.securitytube.net/

enjoy everbody. ;D

UNIX
      Participant

This website was already mentioned here on EH πŸ˜‰

hackly66
      Participant

Thank’s Unix-

My bad!I searched,I guess I did not drill further enough. :-[

eRiCtHyReD
      Participant

Thanks for the tip πŸ™‚

jason
      Participant

Thanks for the reminder. Looks like there’s a bit more content there now.

Vedder
      Participant

Cool find!

naveenmupparaju
      Participant

Thanks !!!!

vivek.ramachandran
      Participant

Thanks! I am glad you like the site!

I run SecurityTube – so any suggestions / feedback / flames welcome. I promise to work on them.

Vivek

Anonymous
      Participant

sure i have a question.

do you look at any of the licenses that people post their videos under?

if you are making any money from the site and that money comes as a result of videos you posted that say have a CC no commercial derivs license, aren’t you violating that license?

vivek.ramachandran
      Participant

@ChrisG wrote:

sure i have a question.

do you look at any of the licenses that people post their videos under?

if you are making any money from the site and that money comes as a result of videos you posted that say have a CC no commercial derivs license, aren’t you violating that license?

Good Question, let me take a shot at answering:

1. I am not making any money from the site overall. On the other hand, I am paying around $100-$200 per month for the bandwidth and the dedicated hosting from my pocket every month. The Ad payout is pretty bad. In fact,Β  that’s the reason I put had to put out a donations page recently. I am sure Don would agree on how tough it can get to run a free community site which gets good traffic and requires dedicated hosting.

2. The videos on SecurityTube can be categorized into 3 categories:

a. Videos we host on our servers which were either created by me or our members. We have full permissions to embed these.

b. Videos hosted on Vimeo or YouTube – I always check the description to make sure that the author has not forbidden embedding on other sites or explicitly mentioned a license I am violating. In almost all cases where authors do not want to re-distribute, they make the videos private or explicitly mention so in the description. Also, I generally try to find the original author;s site and give a linkback, so he knows we have added this video.

c. Videos on other sites such as Milw0rm which are re-posted on our site – I have always written to the site authors from whose pages I have ripped videos and reposted.

Of course, there is always a possibility of someone not wanting his video on SecurityTube, in which case he can write to us and we will take it down.Β  My email address has been made available at the bottom of every video we have borrowed from other sources.

Hope this answers your questions.

vivek.ramachandran
      Participant
      ethicalhack3r
      Participant

Dont forget the SecurityTubeCon!Β  ;D

http://securitytubecon.org/cfp.html

vivek.ramachandran
      Participant

@ethicalhack3r wrote:

Dont forget the SecurityTubeCon!Β  ;D

http://securitytubecon.org/cfp.html

Thanks for posting that πŸ™‚

I have requested Dan to open a new sub-forum in the Calender of Events forum, so i can take feedback and suggestions in a more structured way πŸ™‚ Lets see what he responds! πŸ™‚

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Hey Vivek,

Thanks for becoming a member of EH-Net. I’m looking forward to your continued participation in our many other conversations.

As for a sub-board, unfortunately I can’t. If I did this for your event, then I’d have to do it for the 100s of other events in the world. Just too much to do. As for ChicagoCon… well that’s my event. It’s good to be the king. πŸ˜‰

I would be more than happy to add your event to our Calendar of Events in exchange for a media sponsorship on your sites. Seems like a fair trade. We’ll continune the conversation off board.

All the best,
      Don

vivek.ramachandran
      Participant

@don wrote:

Hey Vivek,

Thanks for becoming a member of EH-Net. I’m looking forward to your continued participation in our many other conversations.

As for a sub-board, unfortunately I can’t. If I did this for your event, then I’d have to do it for the 100s of other events in the world. Just too much to do. As for ChicagoCon… well that’s my event. It’s good to be the king. πŸ˜‰

I would be more than happy to add your event to our Calendar of Events in exchange for a media sponsorship on your sites. Seems like a fair trade. We’ll continune the conversation off board.

All the best,
      Don

Hi Don,

No problem. I understand πŸ™‚ We are all kings of our own sites πŸ™‚

Let me know what your expectations for a media sponsorship are over PM and I will get back. As both of our sites get comparable traffic (at least according to Alexa), we can also think about long term co-operation and co-ordination of various activities.

Also, btw I just noticed that you post videos on EH from time to time. Would it be OK if I re-post them on SecurityTube? Needless to add, all credits will be given to you and we will post a linkback. Let me know.

Vivek

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright Β©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?