Security News Apps!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      JTD121
      Participant

Hey all,

Just got a new Samsung Galaxy SIII on Verizon. Rooted, unlocked bootloader, and is running 9/14/12 build of CM10 right now. Can’t wait for the final release!

Anyway, now that I have a phone that can handle more than one application at a time (RIP Droid Eris, aka CDMA Hero), I am looking for a good security news app for Android.

Though I don’t want this to be all about Android, but you can share apps for iOS and WP7/8, too!

I know Rapid7 just released their SOC Monkey, but currently that’s only on iOS 🙁 I read they might look into an Android version if there was enough interest, but nothing much since. Any similar security news aggregator, aside from standards like gReader and such?

cyber.spirit
      Participant

Tenable released nessus for android:
      http://www.tenable.com/products/nessus/select- … ing-system

Here is a good web session hijacker:
      http://www.droidsheep.de

Pwn wifi. What a good spoofer!:
      http://toolsyard.thehackernews.com/2012/06/android-network-spoofer-pwn-wifi.html?m=1

You can also install backtrack on your phone:
      http://www.androidegis.com/how-to/install-ubun … galaxy-s3/

Have fun with these hacking tools and always be ETHICAL

The good thing about android is you can hack android and android can hack others!! Lol
      Good luck

cd1zz
      Participant

Twitter! Best RSS feed I have found.

S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

+1 for Twitter

Jamie.R
      Participant

Twitter is the best for sec news I have the sec monkey and its pretty good.

JTD121
      Participant

Cyber.spirit, I wasn’t really looking for security/pentest tools on Android, but those are good to know! And putting BackTrack on my phone?  😮

So any suggestions for Twitter feeds to follow? I mean, since I have to create an account anyway, right?  ::) Any suggestions for an Android Twitter app, too? Is the official Twitter app any good?

dynamik
      Participant

Follow @cd1zz and follow all the people he’s following 8) You’ll quickly add more as you see interesting retweets, mentions, etc.

cyber.spirit
      Participant

@JTD121 wrote:

Cyber.spirit, I wasn’t really looking for security/pentest tools on Android, but those are good to know! And putting BackTrack on my phone?  😮

So any suggestions for Twitter feeds to follow? I mean, since I have to create an account anyway, right?  ::) Any suggestions for an Android Twitter app, too?

then can u please tell me what do u want? Yeah man its possible to install ubuntu or backtrack on ur cell

JTD121
      Participant

Cyber.spirit I was looking for good infosec news apps on Android, rather than tools to pentest or exploit things.

Please don’t take offense to my comment earlier, I was just kinda surprised that you posted a bunch of stuff I didn’t ask for, but found interesting nonetheless! 🙂

Jamie.R
      Participant

kevin micknick
      dave kendy
      backtrack
      hacking news
      bsides London or wherever you are from
      2600 magazine
      hak5
      security companies in your area
      debit card <- this one is funny but good too
      Tools like wpscan,ettercap,nikto  so on
      The Dark Tangent
      Pwnie Awards
      Zero Day Initiative
      Hacker Cons
      TheHackersNews
      hackerschoice
      corelanc0d3r
      SCMagazine

That is just a few to get you started once you start following people they re tweet stuff then you can follow others if you want.

blackazarro
      Participant

Or you can also install ChannelCaster and subscribe to InfoSecurity News. I created this channel which currently grabs about 69 popular security/malware/hacking feeds.

Also, I recommend Tweet Lanes because it complies with the Android UI and Falcon for Twitter (awesome widget).

JTD121
      Participant

Should I install all three apps you have suggested? Can I use your channel without Channel Caster?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?