security consultant/ethical hacker redefined

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      j0rDy
      Participant

Verizon has opted an idea to redefine the term “security reseacher” to make it more transparent and more clearly for the outside world. I think its just a way to eliminate some pre-work you have to do when you hire somebody like that. if you do a background check and a little research on previous employers you can eliminate most of the threats before you even have to meet them, or am i wrong?

article:
      http://securityblog.verizonbusiness.com/2010/04/22/redefining-security-researcher/

Ketchup
      Participant

Narcissistic Vulnerability Pimp: One who – solely for the purpose of self-glorification and self-gratification – harms business and society by irresponsibly disclosing information that makes things less secure.

Interesting

unsupported
      Participant

Narcissistic Vulnerability Pimp: One who – solely for the purpose of self-glorification and self-gratification – harms business and society by irresponsibly disclosing information that makes things less secure.

Sounds like Verizon is using their head to find that stick that is up their ass.  Not all vulnerability researchers are classified this way.  I have read numerous personal accounts and methods for being an ethical security researcher and there comes a point where the needs of the many out weight the needs of a few businesses.

Regardless of that fact, security needs these “pimps”.  The more we know about the vulnerabilities the more we can mitigation.

BillV
      Participant

Were they victims of something recently?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?