SANS SEC 504 in Chicago

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Quasar45 5 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     vijonline 
    Participant

I am thinking of attending SANS 504 (SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling) with Instructor: Jonathan Ham – SANS Chicago 2013

Did anyone attend this course recently – what do you feel about this course?

Thank you in advance….

ziggy_567 
    Participant

The course is great and Jonathan Ham is great. You can’t go wrong with either!

vijonline 
    Participant

thx ziggy. I have to take GCIH after (my company pays only after passing the exam) – i am sure the SANS course material is going to be great, but Is there any good books for general GCIH prep?

prats84 
    Participant

@vijonline

A month or two ago, I posted a brief about my method and resources used for my GCIH journey in the below thread.

Hope that is useful for you.

https://www.ethicalhacker.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11285&p=61004&hilit=gcih#p61004

Anarky 
    Participant

I just recently took it, though had a different instructor. You can go into this course knowing nothing (I had a few people in my class who were in this boat). Know some Linux will help, but they teach you some basics on day 1 in case you don’t know any. My best advice would be to make a good index of the books for the test, and don’t rush through it. With 4 hours to take it, you can almost lookup every question if you have a very good index.

jamisonpatrick 
    Participant

Thanks for sharing useful information.

Tatum85 
    Participant

its really good to know me! Great site and a great topic as well i really get amazed to read this thanks. love this way!

Quasar45 
    Participant

This is a great post, usually i don’t post comments on blogs but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?