RHCT study guide?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ash Chole
      Participant

I just qualified for a free voucher to take the Red Hat certified technician cert test. I was wondering if anyone has passed this and has a good study system for it.

My current plan is to go back over and practice some labs to reinforce the knowledge since it is a Hands on cert based cert exam.

Oh and I am taking the test the 21st.

ziggy_567
      Participant

http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhct/prep_guide/

The study guide above from Red Hat tells you exactly what you need to know to pass the exam. You may not see everything on the list, but I promise you if you know everything on the list and are comfortable configuring them, you will do just fine on the test.

My best advice to you is trust your gut and take your time. You will hear that the Red Hat tests don’t give you enough time in order to complete everything. That isn’t true. You have enough time as long as you take your time and don’t skip over minute details. The minute details are what will kill you if you don’t pay attention. You’ll end up spending 20-30 minutes chasing your tail on something that should have taken you 2 minutes to fix if you aren’t careful.

Good luck!

Ash Chole
      Participant

That is perfect. I have a study guide for the class material I have and can use that to study. Then use the online skills assessment on the site to get some practice and see what I still need to work on.

Thanks a lot!

Anonymous
      Participant

I passed the last version. If you haven’t taken the exam, it is very interesting. There are no written questions at all. They sit you down in front of a broken machine and tell you to fix it. If you are good a troubleshooting Linux OS issues you will do fine. If not, I would practice messing up a linux machine and then fixing it.

dynamik
      Participant
      Ash Chole
      Participant

Looking at the cover of the book it says there 250+ practice exam questions. So I looked inside and it seems this is a teach yourself book. I have taken RHCT class and will be taking RHCE class.

I am really just looking for something to buff my hands on for the exam and get my comfort level up so I breeze through. Most of my friends that have taken the RHCE say it is not hard they just run out of time. Usually due to SElinux setup. But I digress. LOL.

Thanks for the post I may buy this to help with next semester.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2022 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?