Report for eLearnsecurity

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      impelse
      Participant

Guys:

I am attempting the eLearnsecurity certification, I already found some problems with my target, I was very happy  ;D. I begin to build the report but every time that I work on it, I have to put more, and more, and more information.

I believed that I spent more time with the report that exploiting the target, hahahahaha, now I am realy learning how to make a report.

By the way you learn a lot doing the report, because you have to read and make sure that the vulnerability or attack vector that you are putting there, match with your prove, so in other words you validate your own exploit.

I believe that is good.

Just my comment

MindOverMatter
      Participant

Sounds great! Let us know how it goes. 

I subscribed today, so will be going through the first modules, looking forward to it!

SephStorm
      Participant

This really sounds like a great course, I cant wait to take it after the student course.

MaXe
      Participant

@impelse wrote:

By the way you learn a lot doing the report, because you have to read and make sure that the vulnerability or attack vector that you are putting there, match with your prove, so in other words you validate your own exploit.

Nice, glad to hear you enjoy their courses  🙂

However, I always validate the exploits I use and perform. Else you can’t really confirm it exists nor that the target is vulnerable. There are of course some scenarios with IRL vulnerability assessments where you’re not allowed to test exploits on critical infrastructure, but if you’re allowed then it’s a good idea to check if the target really is unpatched / insecure.

impelse
      Participant

Yes, by the way your site game a good ideas. In this casr l allow to penetrate

MaXe
      Participant

@impelse wrote:

Yes, by the way your site game a good ideas. In this casr l allow to penetrate

Thanks, check out Hacking Lab too! They hot a challenge going on at the moment  ;D
      http://www.hacking-lab.com/events/swiss-cyber-storm-3-cargame-challenge.html

MindOverMatter
      Participant

Nice site, I want to get a collection of as many bookmarks to sites that offer free sites/labs to attack, whether as a game or for practice.

I think it’s really great they exist, keeps those with the knowledge to do things, such as young teens and even other a chance to keep idle hands and minds busy to use their skills.  Awesome!

impelse
      Participant

It looks nice and focus in web app.

ambient
      Participant
      UNIX
      Participant

@ambient: Works fine for me.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?