PenTesting Issue

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      jokermad83
      Participant

Hi everyone!
      I have purchased Metasploit Pro and Nessus in order to solve my website issues.

I releave various vulnerabilities through “Nessus” and “Metasploit Scan” (and actually, once I received attacks), but at the moment of the PenTest I get the message: “Exploit failed: A payload has not been selected.”.

Actually, in the “Quick PenTest” section I have already tried all options for Payload (Meterpreter, Meterpreter 64but, Shellcode, PowerShell).

How do I solve this issue? THanky for that 🙂

JokerMad

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Hard to tell based on the info given. However, if you purchased Metasploit Pro, first stop should be Rapid7 support. Next idea would be to read or watch a few simple tutorials on the usage of Metasploit. Lots of free resources out ther. There might be a small step you missed in setting it up (possibly the rhost or in selecting the right payload).

Hope this helps,
      Don

EDIT – PS – Just be careful what payloads you throw at it. You could crash it and cause more problems. If you have a staging env, best to test it there first. Even better is to play / learn in a practice env, then try testing your real app. I’m sure you realize that this just isn;t something that you install and start launching at everything. The tools are great but still need some learning time and experience to get the proper end result.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Don Donzal. Reason: Added a warning
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?