Passed the CISSP

This topic contains 26 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  MaXe 8 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
     DrivinTin 
    Participant

Hey guys,

Finally got my email today that I passed.  I was pretty sure that I didn’t, I felt like more than half the test was in software development life cycles, which was my weak area! So glad to get that taken care of!

DrivinTin 
    Participant

Sorry the two year old thinks the laptop is a foot rest, haha.

I used the All-on-One book and the freepracticetests website. Studied most of the week leading up to the test. and it took 16 days to get the results.

lorddicranius 
    Participant

Awesome!  Congrats, DrivinTin ;D

WCNA 
    Participant

Congrats. I’ll be taking it in a few weeks myself.

alucian 
    Participant

Congrats! I still remember the feeling that I passed the exam and I don’t have to study anymore.

Enjoy, and then continue… 🙂

hayabusa 
    Participant

Congrats!

On my ‘to-do’ list, but time, time, time…..

Again, congrats!

DrivinTin 
    Participant

@wcna wrote:

Congrats. I’ll be taking it in a few weeks myself.

Not to give away more more than I am supposed to, but UNLIKE the website tests and study material I have seen, there are NO “Which does NOT belong” questions. I heard they were phasing them out, and they did, cause there wasn’t a single one.  Everything was “Which would BEST” question.

DrivinTin 
    Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

Man i hear you, I saw this one was coming the day of the two week mark (where you still get the discount) so I signed up that day. Then finally got around to studying around monday with the test on saturday.  My wife can attest to me being a stress case, current security tools and methods I wasn’t concerned about, but development stuff I was really out of the loop.  I am SOOO glad it is done.

lorddicranius 
    Participant

You gotta update your signature now 😉

caissyd 
    Participant

Congrats DrivinTin!

You know what? I got my email response the exact same day and I passed too!  ;D

This certification is brutal for penetration testers…  😛

Did you write it in Ottawa (Canada), the same day I did – April 2nd?

chippybox 
    Participant

Well done mate

rattis 
    Participant

Congrats DrivinTin. It always is the wait that’s the hardest. Surprised though. Every other exam I’ve taken, I’ve known as soon as I walked out of the testing room if I passed or failed. Well… minus WiFu / OSWP.

@hayabusa wrote:

Same boat Hayabua. If there was someone physical space close by it would probably be easier, well easier to force myself to study. Online study partners could work too, but you’d have to have a shame / let down related feeling to not keeping up.

Sort of like my current exercise program. doing it with 3 other people on twitter. don’t want to be the one to not do it. I feel accountable to 3 other people if I fail.

Baptist0ne 
    Participant

Congrats! 🙂 well done!

I see some people with ceh or oscp status here going forward to the cissp certification, great.
    As for me, I’m trying to start learning all that EH stuff to become one day a pentester, but what a tough thing…

It seems it’s easier for a ceh/oscp to become a cissp, than vice versa…

caissyd 
    Participant

It seems it’s easier for a ceh/oscp to become a cissp, than vice versa…

It’s so true. I studied 17 days for CISSP and 10 months for GPEN…

Michael J. Conway 
    Participant

Sorry, I have been out for a while now.  Been kinda busy here.  Any way, I also just got my “Congratulations” email from (ISC)2.  It was definitely a relief to get that email instead of the “Thank you” email.  I felt drained when I got done and was not real sure on how I did. 

rattis 
    Participant

Congrats sgt_mjc

Darktaurus 
    Participant

Congrats DrivinTin and sgt_mjc! What certs are next? 

UNIX 
    Participant

Congrats, sgt_mjc. 🙂

maxpeck 
    Participant

Congratulations!

I’m like a few others in here when it comes to the CISSP –  ‘When i can find the time….’

Well done!

Anonymous 
    Participant

Well done to everyone who has passed! I have been looking at some study material for CISSP but I think I stick to pen certs for the moment.

vekarman 
    Participant

Congratulations to all who has passed the exam.

Do not forget the CPEs now. I got recertified 15 days back. fortunately, I had enough CPEs. So, pay attention to CPEs.

Wishing you all the best.

Michael J. Conway 
    Participant

There are no new certs on the horizon for me as its back to school again.

caissyd 
    Participant

@drivintin and @sgt_mjc: A CISSP colleague endorsed me and I got the email: “Your endorsement documentation has been received” from ISC2 on April 20.

After two weeks, of waiting, I have yet to receive an email saying either “You are now CISSP” or “You will be audited”.

Have you received your email yet? Did your endorser sent the form along with your resume?

What about the other CISSP? Did you have to wait for a long time?

I can’t wait for this to be over…  😛

Michael J. Conway 
    Participant

I got my approved email last week.  I was relieved. so Now I need to go change my certs.

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

Looks good in your sig.  😉

Don

Joshsevo 
    Participant

What was the name of the book that you studied from and the other study material.

MaXe 
    Participant

@sgt_mjc wrote:

I got my approved email last week.  I was relieved. so Now I need to go change my certs.

Congratulations, now dive into Exploit Development if you haven’t already  ;D

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?