Passed Security+

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Trocco
      Participant

Passed the Security+ today. Studied for about 2 1/2 months. Think of going for the C|EH next and then a SANS cert.  Very excited just had to share ;D The test was a little rough, some questions of course were worded where you had to excel in gibberish as a 2nd language to understand them. Other than that not a bad test.

Thanks

ziggy_567
      Participant

Congratulations!

Yes, many of the CompTIA tests you have to be a good test taker to decipher their questions….

MicroJay
      Participant

Congrats!
      🙂

rattis
      Participant

congratulations.

What study material did you use? I’m looking at trying to take it in late December.

steven1664
      Participant

Congrats Trocco!  CEH is a good cert to hold in the DoD world it covers alot of areas in DoD 8570.  Congrats again!  Also CEH is written in the same gibberish language so if you did good with it on Security+ get ready to see it again for the CEH.

Trocco
      Participant

@chrisj wrote:

congratulations.

What study material did you use? I’m looking at trying to take it in late December.

Thanks all – I used CBT Nuggets Sec+ training, Sybase Security+ Study Guide, ProProfs free material and practicie along with prep logic and transcender for practice tests.

b1u3
      Participant

If you are looking to really stretch your limits, I’d look at PWB from Offensive Security (OSCP is the cert) over CEH.

CEH is good at being able to identify (dated) tools while PWB will introduce you to more of the theory and rigor behind various attacks. CEH does meet a lot of the US governments 8570 but leaves a lot to be desired for in regard to practical knowledge. Offensive Security’s course material far outshines that of CEH.

OSCP doesn’t have a maintnance fee like CEH so its cheaper in the long run. I’m not a fan of EC Council.

(Step off anti-CEH soapbox)

It all depends on what your goal is with getting the cert. For improving and building practical knowledge that works with current OS’, go PWB. For learning how to exploit windows 2000 and old images and how to use old tools, go CEH.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?