Passed CEH v6

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      KamiCrazy
      Participant

Passed the CEH today.

Had the exam delayed by a week because I decided to take a weekend road trip to Godskitchen rather than study  ;D

Wasn’t too challenging although I think I was well prepared for it.

I can confirm the experiences of some of the people on this board of the exam having some supposedly “optional module” questions.

I got some questions on GPS, blackberry and bluetooth etc which totally threw me off. I looked at it and wondered how the heck I was supposed to answer it.

The weirdest question involved terrorists. If you ever get that one you will know what I mean!

Overall feels good to have finally got that out of the way.

impelse
      Participant

How long did you study and what books did you use? Did you use any simulation exam?

KamiCrazy
      Participant

I was “studying” for a long time, almost a year. However I would say that I only put in like 3 months of actual effort. I had long periods where I wasn’t studying at all.

I used InfoSec Institutes online ethical hacking course. I also studied a few chapters from Michael Greg’s Exam Prep book. Prior to that I did the OS101 course.

I didn’t use any simulations. However Infosec provided with me with their CEH v6 review notes. They were a godsend, easily the best preparation material I had, although I noticed a few errors.

UNIX
      Participant

Congratulations. 😉

Xen
      Participant

w00t!  ::)

RoleReversal
      Participant

Congratulations!

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Nicely done. Now what?

Don

Ketchup
      Participant

Congratulations!

KamiCrazy
      Participant

@don wrote:

Nicely done. Now what?

Don

Yep it never ends does it 🙂

Going to change things up a bit. Hoping to sit VCP 410 before the month ends. Been doing a vSphere deployment at work which has been a real challenge.

I’ve still got CEPT to do going to have to learn a lot about programming before I am ready for that.
      Also I’ve picked up a sweet deal on official ECSA course material. My VMware instructor is also the CEH instructor and he sorted out the complete ECSA box for cost price.

BillV
      Participant

Awesome! Congrats and good luck on the stuff to come! 🙂

jason
      Participant

Way to go, congrats!

sandcrawler
      Participant

I think I know which one you mean about the terrorists. 😀  Same as you, the gps and bluetooth questions were some of the first I saw on the test.  I wasn’t exactly sure what the gps question I had even had to do with hacking.  I just sat there and had to compose myself for a few minutes while I dug back in my head about practical stuff I’d read about.  I didn’t figure I had passed but I was more than pleased with my score afterward.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?