Pass the Hash

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      nookie211
      Participant

I recently viewed the video on pass the hash password cracking software. I downloaded the windows binaries. I also downloaded the C++ compiler stated on the video. My problem is that I dont know how to make it an .exe file for windows. It may be a stupid question but I dont know how to do this. Please advise on how to make this a .exe file for windows.
      Thanks

Ketchup
      Participant

Which compiler did you download?  Do  a Google search for “compile c++” and you will find tons of links on how to compile c++ source code.  The exact steps depend on the compiler you chose.

UNIX
      Participant

You may also take a look at some IDEs which should ease the work for you.

apollo
      Participant

Could you clarify which software you downloaded and what are you are hoping to do with the hash.  With that information I can hopefully get you a little bit closer. 

CadillacGolfer
      Participant

Nookie, one thing to remember is that pass the hash does not crack the password…you are passing the hash to avoid needing to crack the password

nookie211
      Participant

Thanks for all the replies guys. I downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ Express. I downloaded the Win32 binaries. I just dont know enough about the program to compile the binaries. I have done google searches and nothing really helps. I am about to get a book at barnes and noble and read it. I know pass the hash is not a password cracking utility. Thanks for the help

Ketchup
      Participant

Once you have your source code imported into a project, just go to the Build menu and hit Build Solution (or F5).  I would read the help file on Visual Studio.  Here is a great resource for you to get started:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235630%28VS.80%29.aspx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?