OSWP

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

Hi all,

Whats the best way to approach this ? How hard is the exam? is it worth doing ?

Thanks

TheXero
      Participant

If you want to learn how to penetrate wireless networks and the internal’s of wifi, go check out the aircrack-ng site, its all there

If however like me you want the certification, then do it

For me, I wanted a Security certification and to experience an OffSec course, so OSWP seemed like the perfect candidate as well as I knew pretty much nothing about wireless (I’d followed a video on youtube on breaking wep previously)

So, if you want the cert, go for it, else all the information is freely available on the aircrack-ng site for absolutely free

Anonymous
      Participant

I want the cert and wanted to see what offsec course was like. Did you read the book then watch all the video or did u read the book then watch the video that goes with it. Is the exam hard or do they just ask you to crack wireless exactly like you have been showed to it?

rattis
      Participant

Test wasn’t that hard. Most of it was sitting waiting. I probably could have completed it faster if I had done it a different way.

I read the chapter and then watched the video labs that went with it. If you’ve read Hacking Exposed: Wireless, and know how to use Aircrack-ng you’ll have no problem.

If you read the lab guide, watch the videos, and do the labs, you’ll have no problem.

Anonymous
      Participant

cool thanks will do that then 🙂

j0rDy
      Participant

This one is next on my list, so when the time comes, expect another review on EH.net!

rattis
      Participant

@j0rDy wrote:

This one is next on my list, so when the time comes, expect another review on EH.net!

I actually wrote one up and sent it to Don, but never got posted. I might have to hit up my files find it, scrub a little out and post it.

j0rDy
      Participant

Hey chris, please do! i would like some in depth information about the course. i can not control myself any more (have…to..learn…now!!) so i’m probably signing up next week  8)

TheXero
      Participant

WiFu + OSWP is a great course/exam

It was my first security cert and actually convinced me to take part in other practical certificates, I would highly recommend WiFu/OSWP

rattis
      Participant

J0rDy

I think it was less about the course, and more about why the course was relevant.

j0rDy
      Participant

@chrisj wrote:

J0rDy

I think it was less about the course, and more about why the course was relevant.

Ah, no biggie. I made the decision to start with it anyway. I guess you can not go wrong for 350,- which is a bargain when i look at the outline of the course.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?