OSCP N00b Question

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MaXe 7 years, 12 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #7004
     24772433 
    Participant

    Hey fellas,

    This is my first post on the forum.  I’ve lurked as guest for over a year and I’ve found the site to be very informative.

    I’m currently a security admin in the UK and I’m taking the plunge into Ethical Hacking. 

    I have recently applied fror pre-registration to take the OSCP online course. I’m anxious to get started but I haven’t had a reply as yet. It’s been about a week since I filled out the online form and when I checked recently (by completeing the form again) I was informed that I had registered in the last 72 hours and that I would receive notification in 24 hours. I have checked my junk folder in Outlook and my ISP spam folder online.

    For those of you who have registered for the OSCP, what is your experience of the time it takes to receive a reply?

  • #43494
     MaXe 
    Participant

    @24772433 wrote:

    For those of you who have registered for the OSCP, what is your experience of the time it takes to receive a reply?

    If you’ve registered with a free e-mail address I suggest you register with another instead, as they generally don’t allow e.g., hotmail addresses.

    In case you have used your e-mail from your work as a security administrator, then log on IRC (at irc.freenode.org), and ask in #offsec (don’t write any personal details).

    Good luck! I hope everything goes well with the registration so you can enjoy the challenge that PWB + OSCP brings  😉

  • #43495
     24772433 
    Participant

    @maxe wrote:

    If you’ve registered with a free e-mail address I suggest you register with another instead, as they generally don’t allow e.g., hotmail addresses.

    I registered with a Sky.com account, who use Gmail.  Maybe that’s why. I’ll use my other email address from my own registered domain and see what happens.

    Thanks for the heads up!

  • #43496
     24772433 
    Participant

    A couple of hiccups with receiving emails but I got registered and handed over £480 once I was happy with the VPN connection to the labs.

    Due to start the course on Sunday 20th November. Looking forward to it!

    Steve.

  • #43497
     impelse 
    Participant

    Enjoy it.

  • #43498
     MaXe 
    Participant
    24772433 wrote:
    A couple of hiccups with receiving emails but I got registered and handed over £480 once I was happy with the VPN connection to the labs.

    Due to start the course on Sunday 20th November. Looking forward to it!

    Steve.
    [/quote

    Awesome, good luck and when things get tough.. Try Harder  ;D Now, don’t forget to use the student forums and the IRC channel as these are very good resources when it comes to e.g., being stuck in the lab  🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?