OSCP in the job market

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  impelse 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     impelse 
    Participant

Look this blog from Offensive Security, about how the companies are beginning to see with good ayes the performance base certification like OSCP:

https://www.offensive-security.com/offsec/offensive-security-infosec-certifications-job-market/

SephStorm 
    Participant

I agree that it has definately had an impact on the infosec certification community, and I view someone with an OSCP or more to be a prime candidate however, I disagree with their statement that “many people just don’t respect infosec certifications.”

It’s just not true as a rule. There are numerous respected infosec certications, though as noted, many of them are more practical. The CPT/CEPT, the CREST certs, GSE, ect.

However I feel that having professionals only focus on the OS line of certs would be a net negative for the industry. When i’m on /r/asknetsec and people ask for a cert, 95% of the time the first answer is OSCP. No matter what they want to do in the industry, OSCP is the answer. Its just not how it should be working.

impelse 
    Participant

We kie, we need the theory to learn and the practice to sharp the skills

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?