- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 11 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Look this blog from Offensive Security, about how the companies are beginning to see with good ayes the performance base certification like OSCP:
I agree that it has definately had an impact on the infosec certification community, and I view someone with an OSCP or more to be a prime candidate however, I disagree with their statement that “many people just don’t respect infosec certifications.”
It’s just not true as a rule. There are numerous respected infosec certications, though as noted, many of them are more practical. The CPT/CEPT, the CREST certs, GSE, ect.
However I feel that having professionals only focus on the OS line of certs would be a net negative for the industry. When i’m on /r/asknetsec and people ask for a cert, 95% of the time the first answer is OSCP. No matter what they want to do in the industry, OSCP is the answer. Its just not how it should be working.
We kie, we need the theory to learn and the practice to sharp the skills
– EH-Net Live! Join us on Wed Jan 29 @ 1:00 PM EST for “Shellcode for the Masses“ w/ John Hammond. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
– EH-Net Live! November – Video & Deck Available Now! for “All Things CTF!” w/ Ray Doyle of EverSecCTF from Nov 21.
– EH-Net Live! October – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Hacking Humans” w/ Hadnagy, Paul & Baron from Oct 29.
– EH-Net Live! August – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Wireshark for Hackers” w/ Laura Chappell from Aug 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.