Opinions on White Hat Hacking to protect Insecure hosts

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      ry4wn
      Participant

I am curious for peoples opinions on white hat hackers hacking vulnerable hosts and patching and backdooring them. I did some research and found this group who had compromised 1000’s of hosts just to secure them. Looking for some feedback – I did a write up on this at one of my sites and opened it up for comments but comments here are just as good. If you want to read and comment there it is http://www.computersecurity.org/computer-cyber-security-news/reincarna-linux-wifatch-malware-whitehat-backdoor-made-by-the-good-guys-how-illegal-is-this/

Opinions?

Ryan

Henry864
      Participant

I am curious for peoples opinions on white hat hackers hacking vulnerable hosts and patching and backdooring them. I did some research and found this group who had compromised 1000’s of hosts just to secure them. Looking for some feedback – I did a write up on this at one of my sites and opened it up for comments but comments here are just as good. If you want to read and comment there it is the latest post at computersecurity.org

minga hebei
      Participant

The white hat hacker was prefigured as a titleholder for justice, using his or her … The connection is mutually beneficial, because the merchant ultimately gets a more secure product, at a lower … which is hosted by Hacker One, but it “forgot” about the bounty element.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?