Oops, I got us hacked

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      timmedin
      Participant

I wonder if the size of something like Heartland skewed the results a bit? It is hard to comensate for 100Million pieces of info.

Study: Mistakes, Not Malicious Insiders, to Blame for Most Breaches

285 million records breached, most attacks came from external sources, according to Verizon study
      http://www.csoonline.com/article/489644/Study_Mistakes_Not_Malicious_Insiders_to_Blame_for_Most_Breaches

“Outsiders are going to exceed insiders in number. There are more of them. It makes sense that that attack ratio would be there,” said Wade Baker, a Research and Intelligence Principal with Verizon.

Michael J. Conway
      Participant

On our big contract we regard the insider as the biggest threat to the system if for no other reason than the system is not connected to the internet. With that said, insiders are still a huge threat. Easily half the systems I looked at last week had a boot order that would allow a system to boot from some other media than the first HD. They could also be booted into the BIOS with PWs and had the order changed there. On top of all that, the insider has one thing the outsider doesn’t, physical access. We’ll see where this goes. Thanks for the news.

timmedin
      Participant

How much physical access are people allowed there?

Michael J. Conway
      Participant

You would be surprised. If you are part of the program, you have pretty much unlimited physical access. With that said, the place is wired out the whazoo with video and other physical security implementations. Yes, the insider is a great threat, but it would be hard to get away with anything there.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?