Offensive Security’s OSWE

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  hayabusa 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     UNIX 
    Participant

Together with their new web interface, OS also launched a new course and certification, called Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation (AWAE)/ Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE)!

More info is available at their site.

j0rDy 
    Participant

i just saw the other post about the new courses, but i am missing a rather important one. While browsing the new site i found out that they released a FREE metasploit course based on the metasploit framework they have been releasing the last couple of months. More information and a link to the course can be found here:

http://www.offensive-security.com/community-projects/metasploit-unleashed/

hayabusa 
    Participant

Actually, Unleashed has been around for a while.  😉

But it gets updated and always has good stuff!

UNIX 
    Participant

It seemed to me that it’s not a new course, “just” the Metasploit Unleashed course which is already available for quite a while. Although it has a new design and some new additions. It’s a great resource, especially for those new to the MSF.

Btw, the syllabus for AWAE is available here.

j0rDy 
    Participant

wow, seems that i was way off last time i was here (2 posts, 2 f*ckups  ;)). It is the same material, I was thrown off by the new layout, but 2 clicks in i realized it is the metasploit unleashed material…i should be back on track by now  ;D

MaXe 
    Participant

I can’t wait to see the reviews, as I’d really like to know more about what this course has to offer  🙂

Seen 
    Participant

Did anyone take this course at Black Hat, or hear anything about it?  I haven’t heard anything since it was announced.

dynamik 
    Participant

At one point, I had heard they were trying to get an online course ready by the end of the year, but I have no idea how credible that information is.

I would imagine they would have some type of update around the end of the year regardless. Last year the first round of BlackHat pricing closed on Feb 1, so they’d at least have new BlackHat dates/prices if they were planning on offering the course again then.

Shock 
    Participant

@maxe wrote:

I can’t wait to see the reviews, as I’d really like to know more about what this course has to offer  🙂

Pain, Sweat, and Tears (of, hopefully, joy)

And no one should expect anything less from these guys.

stock99 
    Participant

anyone has update? I am trying to recommend this training to my team.

I wonder if this training offer the same lap environment like oscp virtual lab? Not just the exam challenge lab.

Also, this training doesn’t seem to cover all of owasp top 10 but focus on a some only?

lorddicranius 
    Participant
     dynamik 
    Participant

@lorddicranius wrote:

Their site still has the course labelled as “coming soon.” http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-training/advanced-web-attack-and-exploitation/

I think this Black Hat is the second or third time they’re offering it. Maybe they’re just trying to work out the kinks and/or add some polish before making more widely available?

I’m taking AWE out there, so I’ll see if I can get any more info. I’m not expecting more than, “It’s in progress” though.

BillV 
    Participant

Yeah, keep us updated. Have been interested in this one for a while.

dynamik 
    Participant

So… they realize how enormous the demand is and are working on getting the course online. However, PWB is still their most popular course by far, and the Kali revision is the project they’re focusing on at the moment. This is just speculation on my part, but I would be surprised to see it in 2013.

I was honestly surprised at how small the company is, and it’s seriously impressive how much they put out, especially for free (Kali, MSF Class, and ExploitDB). They definitely deserve a ton of respect for all they do. Despite deriving pleasure from seeing you suffer, they were some of the nicest people I’ve ever met in infosec, and they were super cool to hang out with. Although, muts is aware of how miserable he’s made people’s lives with his courses, and he carries around a miniature baseball bat for self defense ;D

Everyone I talked to that has taken the course, or was taking the course, said it was fantastic (as expected), so I’m eagerly anticipating this more than ever.

UNIX 
    Participant

It seems they are trying hard to release the online version of AWAE by the end of this year. 🙂

hayabusa 
    Participant

muts acknowledged that to me, on Twitter, so fingers crossed.

UNIX 
    Participant

dynamik, how was the AWAE course and certification? 🙂

Has anyone else attended it at the last Black Hat conference and could provide some feedback?

hayabusa 
    Participant

Not yet, but as per my response above this one (and my reply in the goals thread), it’s on MY radar for the year.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?