Not just a creeper anymore

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      monkeydust
      Participant

Hello all. I have been lurking around this site off and on for a bit now and have learned a ton so I decided I should go ahead and join in on the conversation. I’m pretty new to the whole security thing but it has definitely taken a hold of me as the direction I want to take my career. This site has helped a ton with finding resources and training / certifications.

My background seems to be quite different than many of the people on this forum. I started digging ditches for a utility company and moved into electrical control systems. This naturally led into SCADA system operation and maintenance. After seeing how vulnerable SCADA systems are (though I really knew to what extent at the time) I started learning about cyber / network / system (whatever the proper term is) security. Now my interest has really turned to pentesting. And that’s why I’m here.

Now I just need to make a pretty signature like everyone else and start playing with the other kids.

eth3real
      Participant

Glad to have you here! ;D

KrisTeason
      Participant

Hi monkeydust !

Good to see you left the, ‘guest’ status and became a registered member! (:

hayabusa
      Participant

Welcome aboard!

cd1zz
      Participant

I also have a DCS and SCADA background. This is an area that is exploding in growth per NERC and the media. You’ve landed in a good spot. Good luck!

dynamik
      Participant

@cd1zz wrote:

This is an area that is exploding in growth per NERC and the media. You’ve landed in a good spot. Good luck!

My thoughts exactly. If you can beef up your network and systems skills, that SCADA experience might be able to help you land a pretty cool, niche role somewhere.

Welcome to the forums!

monkeydust
      Participant

@dynamik wrote:

My thoughts exactly. If you can beef up your network and systems skills, that SCADA experience might be able to help you land a pretty cool, niche role somewhere.

That’s the goal. My biggest setback is my programming is extremely weak right now. Thanks for the welcome.

n3r
      Participant

Welcome here !

MaXe
      Participant

Welcome to the real world.. monkeydust  ;D

Anonymous
      Participant

Welcome hope you gain a lot from these forums and also give back 🙂

Gromic
      Participant

I know I am a little late… but still WELCOME to the EH-Network!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?