New OffSec Course: Metasploit Unleashed – Mastering the Framework

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #4026
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

      Great people offering a great new course for a great cause. ‘Nuff said!

      The Offensive Security Team along with several active community members, have been working diligently to bring you an in depth course on the Metasploit Framework – “Mastering the Framework” . This course will take you on a journey through the  Metasploit Framework in full detail, and will include the latest MSF features such as:

      – Advanced Information gathering
      – Social Engineering attacks
      – Advanced port scanning
      – Writing your own MSF plugins
      – Auxiliary modules kung fu
      – Vulnerability Scanner Integration
      – Writing simple MSF fuzzers
      – Pivoting, Tunneling
      – Exploit Development
      – Egghunter mixins
      – Mastering MSF Payloads
      – Post Exploitation techniques
      – Practical Fast Track Usage
      – MSF Backdoors
      – Advanced AV avoidance
      – Much more!

      The course will be presented in the usual “Offensive Security” online format (pdf + videos) and is designed to surprise even experienced MSF users.

      The PDF guide along with offline labs for the course will be free of charge. We are working with Metasploit.com and Hackers for Charity to put all proceeds from this course towards feeding children in Kenya and Uganda. The course videos will be available for a small fee. All proceeds will be donated to Hackers for Charity.

      This course opens up a new Metasploit Framework Certification track – the OSMP, Offensive Security Metasploit Professional. The certification exam will be based on hands-on exercises requiring the student to prove they have mastered the MSF in all aspects.  The Certification will only be available to those who purchase the videos – our way of encouraging donations to HFC.  Remember – all proceeds go towards a very good cause.

      The course is almost ready and we expect a public release around late August, 2009.

      This course would not have seen the light of day without the help and support of the following people: HD Moore, David Kennedy, Jim O’gorman, Matteo Memelli, William Coppola, Devon Kearns, Rob Fuller and Chris Hadnagy. The awesome logo design is by swc|666.

      Original post:
      http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/offsec/metasploit-unleashed-mastering-the-framework/

      Don

    • #25643
      UNIX
      Participant

      Thanks for the news, Don. 🙂
      The topics mentioned sound interesting.

      I guess I have to rob a bank in order to take all the courses currently available on it-security.

    • #25644
      impelse
      Participant

      Interesting training and good cause.

    • #25645
      DrivinTin
      Participant

      @awesec wrote:

      I guess I have to rob a bank in order to take all the courses currently available on it-security.

      haha, I was thinking the exact same thing!  There are a lot of great classes out there, but I don’t have the resources to pay for them. 

      You happen to need an accomplice? 😉

    • #25646
      KrisTeason
      Participant

      This one’s looking mad promising as usual. Sounds like a perfect giveaway opportunity for the month of September (*cough*). As usual – thanks for the news don!

    • #25647
      Xen
      Participant

      Nice to see this course, especially since the course PDF is available free of cost and since its supported by HD Moore it’s ought to be good.

    • #25648
      Ketchup
      Participant

      Can someone please point me to the course PDF file you mentioned XEN?

    • #25649
      KrisTeason
      Participant

      I don’t think a .pdf is out yet (but I could be wrong). I think he mentioned that it’s going to be free since they said the pdf files will be free as mentioned in the blog.

    • #25650
      alucian
      Participant

      Sounds very interesting.
      I think I will take it after OSWP and before OSCP.

    • #25651
      Xen
      Participant

      Can someone please point me to the course PDF file you mentioned XEN?

      The .pdf isn’t out yet. But they will be available free of cost when the course is out.

    • #25652
      UNIX
      Participant

      Ketchup: The *.pdf is not available yet but will be free offered then.

      e: too late.

    • #25653
      Jhaddix
      Participant

      I wonder how this is going to fare against SANS metasploit class…

    • #25654
      timmedin
      Participant

      @Jhaddix wrote:

      I wonder how this is going to fare against SANS metasploit class…

      Cheaper ;D

    • #25655
      tturner
      Participant

      SANS course is only 1 day so I suppose it will depend on how much content is actually delivered here. http://www.sans.org/training/description.php?tid=3022

    • #25656
      timmedin
      Participant

      I thought it was going to be a free offering, but would cost money if you wanted the cert or something.

    • #25657
      rebrov
      Participant

      @don wrote:

      Great people offering a great new course for a great cause. ‘Nuff said!

      The Offensive Security Team along with several active community members, have been working diligently to bring you an in depth course on the Metasploit Framework – “Mastering the Framework” . This course will take you on a journey through the  Metasploit Framework in full detail, and will include the latest MSF features such as:

      – Advanced Information gathering
      – Social Engineering attacks
      – Advanced port scanning
      – Writing your own MSF plugins
      – Auxiliary modules kung fu
      – Vulnerability Scanner Integration
      – Writing simple MSF fuzzers
      – Pivoting, Tunneling
      – Exploit Development
      – Egghunter mixins
      – Mastering MSF Payloads
      – Post Exploitation techniques
      – Practical Fast Track Usage
      – MSF Backdoors
      – Advanced AV avoidance
      – Much more!

      The course will be presented in the usual “Offensive Security” online format (pdf + videos) and is designed to surprise even experienced MSF users.

      The PDF guide along with offline labs for the course will be free of charge. We are working with Metasploit.com and Hackers for Charity to put all proceeds from this course towards feeding children in Kenya and Uganda. The course videos will be available for a small fee. All proceeds will be donated to Hackers for Charity.

      This course opens up a new Metasploit Framework Certification track – the OSMP, Offensive Security Metasploit Professional. The certification exam will be based on hands-on exercises requiring the student to prove they have mastered the MSF in all aspects.  The Certification will only be available to those who purchase the videos – our way of encouraging donations to HFC.  Remember – all proceeds go towards a very good cause.

      The course is almost ready and we expect a public release around late August, 2009.

      This course would not have seen the light of day without the help and support of the following people: HD Moore, David Kennedy, Jim O’gorman, Matteo Memelli, William Coppola, Devon Kearns, Rob Fuller and Chris Hadnagy. The awesome logo design is by swc|666.

      Original post:
      http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/offsec/metasploit-unleashed-mastering-the-framework/

      Don

      thanks don for information but question: how can i download this course or should i pay

      cuz i dun have money :D:D:D

    • #25658
      Anonymous
      Participant

      “The course is almost ready and we expect a public release around late August, 2009.”

      “The PDF guide along with offline labs for the course will be free of charge. We are working with Metasploit.com and Hackers for Charity to put all proceeds from this course towards feeding children in Kenya and Uganda. The course videos will be available for a small fee. All proceeds will be donated to Hackers for Charity.”

    • #25659
      UNIX
      Participant

      Hackers for Charity is a nice thing. 🙂

      Looking forward to the release of the study material and the labs.

    • #25660
      keith55
      Participant

      Sorry, the below link seems down now

      Have you guys seen this?
      http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit/wiki#120

    • #25661
      morpheus063
      Participant

      @keith55 wrote:

      Sorry, the below link seems down now

      Have you guys seen this?
      http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit/wiki#120

      Looks like they are working on it and will see the updated page soon.

    • #25662
      UNIX
      Participant

      Already looking forward to this. Nice that the .pdf is offered for free.

      Anyone already planned to do the course/ exam?

    • #25663
      TalioGladius
      Participant

      Hopefully they release this soon.

    • #25664
      KrisTeason
      Participant

      This just posted from muts not even an hour ago on Remote-Exploit Forums:

      “Metasploit Unleashed – Information Security Training at its best.

      The “Metasploit Unleashed” online courseware is almost ready! We had several technical issues which delayed the release of the course by a couple of weeks. Here’s a quick teaser, showing some of the TOC.
      [align=center:3og5h2nj][/align:3og5h2nj]
      We expect the online version to be released in a week or so, and the full set of videos be available for purchase at the end of the month.”

      Sources:
      http://forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-news/26507-metasploit-unleashed-information-security-training-its-best.html
      http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/offsec/metasploit-unleashed-information-security-training-at-its-best/

      Can’t wait 😉

    • #25665
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

      8)

      Don

    • #25666
      UNIX
      Participant

      Great 🙂

    • #25667
      Xen
      Participant

      Nice! Can’t wait for it.

    • #25668
      Dark_Knight
      Participant

      Free online version is up http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/

      Also check out #msfu on irc.freenode.net

    • #25669
      Don Donzal
      Keymaster

      w00t!!

    • #25670
      Xen
      Participant

      Yay!!
      Going through the course index – looks promising.

    • #25671
      Ketchup
      Participant

      Very nice!  Very very nice!

    • #25672
      UNIX
      Participant

      Great. 🙂

    • #25673
      RoleReversal
      Participant

      I’m guessing world+dog is currently trying to download the FDCC XP image. My download was flying until the USA woke up :'(

      The material is great but I am somewhat disappointed, was expecting to gain the enlightened knowledge of mystical ninja-1337-ness. Thinking my expectations were too high, but it is an excellent repository for metasploit documentation and tutorials, explaining the how as well as the why.

      I was also concerned that a large fraction of the material covers topics that I paid to learn via the OSCP certification, but then realised that if I hadn’t taken the OSCP course the material in msf unleashed would be way over my head.

      Definitely going to complete my way through the wiki and keep bookmarked for future reference.

      Thanks to all involved for providing the content FoC.

      Does anyone know when the purchase of videos/certification attempt will be available (and or what price)? Or have I missed the obvious link on the site?

    • #25674
      Ketchup
      Participant

      Andrew, I was looking for the professional version of the document with the videos as well.  As best as I found so far it isn’t yet available and no price appears to have been set yet.  I did learn that the funds will go to Hacker for Charity.

    • #25675
      RoleReversal
      Participant

      Cheers Ketchup, glad to know I’m not going mentally insane and missing the obvious.

    • #25676
      UNIX
      Participant

      The current version of the online course is based on donations – if you enjoy the course – consider making a donation to HFC via the “donations” page. The Video / PDF version of the course has been held back until the MSF will release a stable v3.3 – so we don’t miss out on all the new and wonderful features which are being included.

      Looking forward to the videos/ course as well.

    • #25677
      rvs
      Participant

      😉 hmm I assume that we could hear hdm voice bwahahaha <-corny

    • #25678
      UNIX
      Participant

      Metasploit Unleashed – Updates

      Once again, we have a few exciting updates we would like to inform you about. First and foremost, our Metasploit Unleashed Free Training course is going through a major overhaul, and will be updated and maintained on a monthly basis. You can expect a whole lot of new content being added onto the Metasploit Unleashed Wiki in the next few months. For now, we’ve added 9 new sections. We will keep you updated through our new “metasploit-unleashed” category – which will focus on the wiki changelog.

      Source: http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed-training/metasploit-unleashed-updates/

    • #25679
      Jhaddix
      Participant

      Whats funny about this is that it seems to have happened out of need not want…. 

      Rapid7 and HD Moore said “SANS New Class is the official Metasploit Training” so obviously people on twitter asked “what about Metasploit Unleashed?” and HD replied ” We will continue to link to it as long as it is updated”

      And hey… look at that! Updates!

      😉

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?