New OffSec Course: Metasploit Unleashed – Mastering the Framework

This topic contains 37 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Jhaddix 8 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
     Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

Great people offering a great new course for a great cause. ‘Nuff said!

The Offensive Security Team along with several active community members, have been working diligently to bring you an in depth course on the Metasploit Framework – “Mastering the Framework” . This course will take you on a journey through the  Metasploit Framework in full detail, and will include the latest MSF features such as:

– Advanced Information gathering
    – Social Engineering attacks
    – Advanced port scanning
    – Writing your own MSF plugins
    – Auxiliary modules kung fu
    – Vulnerability Scanner Integration
    – Writing simple MSF fuzzers
    – Pivoting, Tunneling
    – Exploit Development
    – Egghunter mixins
    – Mastering MSF Payloads
    – Post Exploitation techniques
    – Practical Fast Track Usage
    – MSF Backdoors
    – Advanced AV avoidance
    – Much more!

The course will be presented in the usual “Offensive Security” online format (pdf + videos) and is designed to surprise even experienced MSF users.

The PDF guide along with offline labs for the course will be free of charge. We are working with Metasploit.com and Hackers for Charity to put all proceeds from this course towards feeding children in Kenya and Uganda. The course videos will be available for a small fee. All proceeds will be donated to Hackers for Charity.

This course opens up a new Metasploit Framework Certification track – the OSMP, Offensive Security Metasploit Professional. The certification exam will be based on hands-on exercises requiring the student to prove they have mastered the MSF in all aspects.  The Certification will only be available to those who purchase the videos – our way of encouraging donations to HFC.  Remember – all proceeds go towards a very good cause.

The course is almost ready and we expect a public release around late August, 2009.

This course would not have seen the light of day without the help and support of the following people: HD Moore, David Kennedy, Jim O’gorman, Matteo Memelli, William Coppola, Devon Kearns, Rob Fuller and Chris Hadnagy. The awesome logo design is by swc|666.

Original post:
    http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/offsec/metasploit-unleashed-mastering-the-framework/

Don

UNIX 
    Participant

Thanks for the news, Don. 🙂
    The topics mentioned sound interesting.

I guess I have to rob a bank in order to take all the courses currently available on it-security.

impelse 
    Participant

Interesting training and good cause.

DrivinTin 
    Participant

@awesec wrote:

I guess I have to rob a bank in order to take all the courses currently available on it-security.

haha, I was thinking the exact same thing!  There are a lot of great classes out there, but I don’t have the resources to pay for them. 

You happen to need an accomplice? 😉

KrisTeason 
    Participant

This one’s looking mad promising as usual. Sounds like a perfect giveaway opportunity for the month of September (*cough*). As usual – thanks for the news don!

Xen 
    Participant

Nice to see this course, especially since the course PDF is available free of cost and since its supported by HD Moore it’s ought to be good.

Ketchup 
    Participant

Can someone please point me to the course PDF file you mentioned XEN?

KrisTeason 
    Participant

I don’t think a .pdf is out yet (but I could be wrong). I think he mentioned that it’s going to be free since they said the pdf files will be free as mentioned in the blog.

alucian 
    Participant

Sounds very interesting.
    I think I will take it after OSWP and before OSCP.

Xen 
    Participant

Can someone please point me to the course PDF file you mentioned XEN?

The .pdf isn’t out yet. But they will be available free of cost when the course is out.

UNIX 
    Participant

Ketchup: The *.pdf is not available yet but will be free offered then.

e: too late.

Jhaddix 
    Participant

I wonder how this is going to fare against SANS metasploit class…

timmedin 
    Participant

@jhaddix wrote:

I wonder how this is going to fare against SANS metasploit class…

Cheaper ;D

tturner 
    Participant

SANS course is only 1 day so I suppose it will depend on how much content is actually delivered here. http://www.sans.org/training/description.php?tid=3022

timmedin 
    Participant

I thought it was going to be a free offering, but would cost money if you wanted the cert or something.

rebrov 
    Participant

@don wrote:

Great people offering a great new course for a great cause. ‘Nuff said!

The Offensive Security Team along with several active community members, have been working diligently to bring you an in depth course on the Metasploit Framework – “Mastering the Framework” . This course will take you on a journey through the  Metasploit Framework in full detail, and will include the latest MSF features such as:

– Advanced Information gathering
    – Social Engineering attacks
    – Advanced port scanning
    – Writing your own MSF plugins
    – Auxiliary modules kung fu
    – Vulnerability Scanner Integration
    – Writing simple MSF fuzzers
    – Pivoting, Tunneling
    – Exploit Development
    – Egghunter mixins
    – Mastering MSF Payloads
    – Post Exploitation techniques
    – Practical Fast Track Usage
    – MSF Backdoors
    – Advanced AV avoidance
    – Much more!

The course will be presented in the usual “Offensive Security” online format (pdf + videos) and is designed to surprise even experienced MSF users.

The PDF guide along with offline labs for the course will be free of charge. We are working with Metasploit.com and Hackers for Charity to put all proceeds from this course towards feeding children in Kenya and Uganda. The course videos will be available for a small fee. All proceeds will be donated to Hackers for Charity.

This course opens up a new Metasploit Framework Certification track – the OSMP, Offensive Security Metasploit Professional. The certification exam will be based on hands-on exercises requiring the student to prove they have mastered the MSF in all aspects.  The Certification will only be available to those who purchase the videos – our way of encouraging donations to HFC.  Remember – all proceeds go towards a very good cause.

The course is almost ready and we expect a public release around late August, 2009.

This course would not have seen the light of day without the help and support of the following people: HD Moore, David Kennedy, Jim O’gorman, Matteo Memelli, William Coppola, Devon Kearns, Rob Fuller and Chris Hadnagy. The awesome logo design is by swc|666.

Original post:
    http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/offsec/metasploit-unleashed-mastering-the-framework/

Don

thanks don for information but question: how can i download this course or should i pay

cuz i dun have money :D:D:D

Anonymous 
    Participant

“The course is almost ready and we expect a public release around late August, 2009.”

“The PDF guide along with offline labs for the course will be free of charge. We are working with Metasploit.com and Hackers for Charity to put all proceeds from this course towards feeding children in Kenya and Uganda. The course videos will be available for a small fee. All proceeds will be donated to Hackers for Charity.”

UNIX 
    Participant

Hackers for Charity is a nice thing. 🙂

Looking forward to the release of the study material and the labs.

keith55 
    Participant

Sorry, the below link seems down now

Have you guys seen this?
    http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit/wiki#120

morpheus063 
    Participant

@keith55 wrote:

Sorry, the below link seems down now

Have you guys seen this?
    http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit/wiki#120

Looks like they are working on it and will see the updated page soon.

UNIX 
    Participant

Already looking forward to this. Nice that the .pdf is offered for free.

Anyone already planned to do the course/ exam?

TalioGladius 
    Participant

Hopefully they release this soon.

KrisTeason 
    Participant

This just posted from muts not even an hour ago on Remote-Exploit Forums:

“Metasploit Unleashed – Information Security Training at its best.

The “Metasploit Unleashed” online courseware is almost ready! We had several technical issues which delayed the release of the course by a couple of weeks. Here’s a quick teaser, showing some of the TOC.
    [align=center:3og5h2nj][/align:3og5h2nj]
    We expect the online version to be released in a week or so, and the full set of videos be available for purchase at the end of the month.”

Sources:
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/backtrack-news/26507-metasploit-unleashed-information-security-training-its-best.html
    http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/offsec/metasploit-unleashed-information-security-training-at-its-best/

Can’t wait 😉

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

8)

Don

UNIX 
    Participant

Great 🙂

Xen 
    Participant

Nice! Can’t wait for it.

Dark_Knight 
    Participant

Free online version is up http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/

Also check out #msfu on irc.freenode.net

Don Donzal 
    Keymaster

w00t!!

Xen 
    Participant

Yay!!
    Going through the course index – looks promising.

Ketchup 
    Participant

Very nice!  Very very nice!

UNIX 
    Participant

Great. 🙂

RoleReversal 
    Participant

I’m guessing world+dog is currently trying to download the FDCC XP image. My download was flying until the USA woke up :'(

The material is great but I am somewhat disappointed, was expecting to gain the enlightened knowledge of mystical ninja-1337-ness. Thinking my expectations were too high, but it is an excellent repository for metasploit documentation and tutorials, explaining the how as well as the why.

I was also concerned that a large fraction of the material covers topics that I paid to learn via the OSCP certification, but then realised that if I hadn’t taken the OSCP course the material in msf unleashed would be way over my head.

Definitely going to complete my way through the wiki and keep bookmarked for future reference.

Thanks to all involved for providing the content FoC.

Does anyone know when the purchase of videos/certification attempt will be available (and or what price)? Or have I missed the obvious link on the site?

Ketchup 
    Participant

Andrew, I was looking for the professional version of the document with the videos as well.  As best as I found so far it isn’t yet available and no price appears to have been set yet.  I did learn that the funds will go to Hacker for Charity.

RoleReversal 
    Participant

Cheers Ketchup, glad to know I’m not going mentally insane and missing the obvious.

UNIX 
    Participant

The current version of the online course is based on donations – if you enjoy the course – consider making a donation to HFC via the “donations” page. The Video / PDF version of the course has been held back until the MSF will release a stable v3.3 – so we don’t miss out on all the new and wonderful features which are being included.

Looking forward to the videos/ course as well.

rvs 
    Participant

😉 hmm I assume that we could hear hdm voice bwahahaha <-corny

UNIX 
    Participant

Metasploit Unleashed – Updates

Once again, we have a few exciting updates we would like to inform you about. First and foremost, our Metasploit Unleashed Free Training course is going through a major overhaul, and will be updated and maintained on a monthly basis. You can expect a whole lot of new content being added onto the Metasploit Unleashed Wiki in the next few months. For now, we’ve added 9 new sections. We will keep you updated through our new “metasploit-unleashed” category – which will focus on the wiki changelog.

Source: http://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed-training/metasploit-unleashed-updates/

Jhaddix 
    Participant

Whats funny about this is that it seems to have happened out of need not want…. 

Rapid7 and HD Moore said “SANS New Class is the official Metasploit Training” so obviously people on twitter asked “what about Metasploit Unleashed?” and HD replied ” We will continue to link to it as long as it is updated”

And hey… look at that! Updates!

😉

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?