New guy here..just sayin Hi

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Joshsevo 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
     Joshsevo 
    Participant

Hey everyone, hows it going?

Anyways just thought I would say hello.  I just found this site and joined it and made a few posts already before this one.

Anyways I am about 2.5 yrs into my BS in Computer Forensics.  I am also going for a degree in Network Security and deciding if I want to do a third degree in either just Network management or a business degree.

I am former Navy.  I was a welder and got out in 06′. YAY!!!

Anyways I am so stoked to be close to graduating Jun 2011…not really close but closer than 2 yrs ago.

I was fortunate enough to find a local company that I had emailed a few months ago and they are willing to do an internship to hire with me.  I have not started yet but should be soon. I know for sure he works with Helix, FTK, Sleuth kit.  I asked about EnCase but he does not.  So I was thinking after being hired by him I will pay for the EnCase training out of pocket and make myself more marketable.

Anyways just saying Hi and I hope to learn from you guys as much as I can.

Oh I do have one question

The certs that CF should get, do they require a clean background?  Mine has a few smudge marks but nothing serious. I was able to get a Secret Security clearance in the Navy.

jason 
    Participant

Welcome. In general, I would say that being on the good side of a background check for a secret clearance would most likely mean that you would be clear for most security certs.

Kev 
    Participant

Welcome aboard. If you have a Secret Security clearance you are in great shape!

Joshsevo 
    Participant

Not been on here in a long time.  ya my Secret clearance is inactive since i have been out for a few yrs.  But I think since I made this post I was able to find an internship doing CF.  haven’t really done much with them yet but still a good thing.

I got till June 2011and then I graduate…yay.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2019 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?