- This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years, 5 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
RIM has released a security advisory for a weakness in the Blackberry web application launcher. This weakness could allow specially crafted web pages to execute code on the remote device and/or crash the IE instance being used to load the applications.
Good thing the president isn’t carrying one with him 🙁
I’m really curious to see how that works out in the long run. It was theorized that he was going to get a super secure blackberry equivalent, but apparently the one that he’s been seen with is a standard blackberry. I would think that this has the potential to end badly. Then again, keeping the white house in the stone age with then intent of security doesn’t seem like a good alternative.
he is carrying one with him which is supposed to be more secure than any other blackberry but the recent post of mitnick have put them in concerns saying a simple social engineering can push him in to trap of hackers….
Exactly so. There would have to be some fairly firm rules for using a device like that in his position.
as we know that he is havin the BB many should be knowing that and many would be trying it already, but we dont know wht his security guys might be doing with his phone….. nothing is SECURE
It’s that security/productivity trade off as usual. From the looks of that Blackberryenstein super secure model that was talked about a while back, it doesn’t look very productive.
– EH-Net Live! “CISO Underrepresented“ w/ Mark Arnold and Steph Ihezukwu on Tues June 30 @ 1:00 PM US ET. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! May – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Bad As You Want To Be – Adversary Emulation Basics” w/ Jake Williams from May 28.
– EH-Net Live! April – Video & Deck Available Now! for “IoT Hacking 101 – Firmware Funhouse!” w/ Village IDIOT Labs from April 23.
– EH-Net Live! March – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Deepfakes – A Technical Peek Behind the Curtain” w/ Alyssa Miller from March 31.
– EH-Net Live! January – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Shellcode for the Masses” w/ John Hammond from Jan 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.