- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 3 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Has anyone used the new HTML 5 interface with Nessus? I seen it in action and it looks pretty good much better than the flash version.
Haven’t used it in anger yet (still beta, getting nowhere near production environments 😉 ). But from testing in the lab its a much cleaner interface, no empirical evidence but feels more responsive.
No additional functionality at the moment, but from listening to the weekly Tenable podcasts it seems that replacing existing functionality is only the first step, other improvements are in the pipeline. Although I’m not expecting too much in way of new features, if they put too much useful stuff in the Nessus Scanner, it would detract from the (comparatively much more expensive) Security Centre.
Always like new and shiny though toys though, and the move away from Flash should help those with portable devices of the flash-less persuasion…
Yes that very true I have not used it yet but seen it in action and it just looks more user friendly and a lot easy to navigate. It be really interesting to see what other feature they implement.
I like that they added it to the currently installed version and you just need to point the browser. I have a few scans that I need to run so may use that interface to run them. It is pretty slick looking and fairly responsive.
– EH-Net Live! Join us on Wed Jan 29 @ 1:00 PM EST for “Shellcode for the Masses“ w/ John Hammond. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
– EH-Net Live! November – Video & Deck Available Now! for “All Things CTF!” w/ Ray Doyle of EverSecCTF from Nov 21.
– EH-Net Live! October – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Hacking Humans” w/ Hadnagy, Paul & Baron from Oct 29.
– EH-Net Live! August – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Wireshark for Hackers” w/ Laura Chappell from Aug 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.