Need Some Advice on Exploits!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      goku12205
      Participant

Alright Hello everyone i’m new to this forum ;D
      Alright my question is Can someone give me a couple of good links
      or some good advice to learn more about exploits, i can find vulnerabilities but how can i exploit those vulnerabilities?

Thank You 🙂 and have a good day!!

Anonymous
      Participant

Someone told me that reading “The Shelcoders Handbook” or “HAcking: The  Art of explatation” can get me started, so I am doing that… but if you want to read something online you can start with:

http://insecure.org/stf/smashstack.html

cheers

putosusio
      Participant

get metasploit, best of all its free.

UNIX
      Participant

Welcome to the forums, goku12205.

What exactly do you mean by finding vulnerabilities? Do you mean it in the way that you know for example how to crash a certain program and would like to know if you can exploit it actually in this way (e.g. bufferoverflow), or that you find vuln. while scanning a network with tools such as nmap?

If you are interested in writing exploits on your own it might be quite hard, depending on your skills so far. There are a couple of books available which focuses on exploits and may interest you:

Writing Security Tools and Exploits
      Hacking: The Art of Exploitation, 2nd Edition
      Chained Exploits: Advanced Hacking Attacks from Start to Finish
      Sockets, Shellcode, Porting, and Coding: Reverse Engineering Exploits and Tool Coding for Security Professionals
      The Shellcoder’s Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Holes

Smashing the Stack for fun and profit linked by celord is certainly worth a read too.

If you are more interested in the second scenario, using existing exploits for known vulnerabilities, I would recommend to play around with Metasploit in your own lab.

RoleReversal
      Participant

goku12205,

welcome to the forums 😀

The resources provided by Awesec are good, but personally I found them too much to start with exploits, even while reading I felt that exploits were black magic! I’d suggest you take a look at the EH-Net review of Ed Skoudis’ Counter Hack Reloaded, here. It contains a sample chapter from the book, which handily enough covers the low level of exploits. Everyone understands things differently but for me reading that chapter was what allowed me to ‘get’ exploits. After that the more advance/in-depth stuff makes more sense.

Hope this helps

goku12205
      Participant

Thank You Everyone for ur good advice and i really apperchate the information thank you again

My best regards to everyone

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?