Need Project Participants

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      BillV
      Participant

Fellow EH-Net’ers,

I’m looking for some additional people that have some time to turn around some things quickly (preferably by the end of the weekend but middle of next week at the latest).

EC-Council is conducting a joint project with MITRE to define and rate several vignettes as part of their CWRAF (Common Weakness Risk Analysis Framework) – http://cwe.mitre.org/cwraf/vignettes.html

All that’s needed is for you to look through a list of items and rate them along with providing a reason for your rating. It’s a big list though and will take some time.

If interested, shoot me a message with your email address and I’ll forward you the documents/instructions you’ll need.

Anyone who participates, and chooses so, will have their name included in the final report 🙂

rattis
      Participant

Billv, hit me up. Might want to look at the #misec channel on freenode to. Bunch of local guys I’m sure some of them would want to jump in on that.

Anonymous
      Participant

Are there any special requirements like have to been working in security for x amount of years?

p0et
      Participant

I’m up for it and I can make time but I’m unsure if I would even know how to do this. lol

BillV
      Participant

Initially they were looking for “experts” in the field but out of the original participants they had, I didn’t feel it was enough to get a good rating (and they were very skewed from one end of the scale to the other). They were supposed to get me more people but only a few more volunteered and only two of them actually filled the stuff out.

As long as you have some general security experience and an understanding of security concepts, you should be able to fill it out. You literally just need to assign a rating to a topic (but, like I mentioned, there are a lot of them and it will take some time to go through it).

We are also looking for reasons as to why you’ve decided to rate as you do but haven’t received a whole lot of contribution there (as it takes more time). You can see in the documents a sample of what other people have said and the current ‘average’ ratings for each topic.

Chris – sent you an email with the info and will hop on freenode shortly.

pseud0
      Participant

Bill, I don’t know how much time I’ll have to spare but I can take a look.  Hit me up on my personal.

BillV
      Participant

Thanks, appreciate it. Just sent over all the info for you.

hayabusa
      Participant

@BillV – PM’d you.  Cheers!

BillV
      Participant

Thanks! Just sent you the stuff.

eth3real
      Participant

This sounds crazy interesting, and I want in. Not sure I could be any help, but I’d love to give it a shot.

BillV
      Participant

Thanks! Info has been sent.

BillV
      Participant

For anyone that hasn’t turned their scorecard in yet, I’m compiling the information together. If you have anything filled out, please send it over. Thanks!

hayabusa
      Participant

My last two weeks went to heck (sorry,) but I’ll see if I can’t get ‘er done…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?