My next purchase coolest pen test toys ever!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      R3B005t
      Participant
      lorddicranius
      Participant

There was so much chatter about those on twitter during Source Boston last week.  Looks like a fun little toy 🙂

R3B005t
      Participant

Yeah Jason Street clued me in on them during source boston.  I have yet to make it out to a con gonna have to get my act together one of these days.

hayabusa
      Participant

Yeah, I was talking about pwnie’s, recently, to the folks attending the CEH v7 launch class.  I’d planned to order a couple (still do,) but had to finish some extra-curricular stuff I’ve been working on, first.

But they definitely look promising.

Anonymous
      Participant

looks interesting but only in the USA 🙁

sil
      Participant

Anything and everything is a tool. The reality of the neater tools is placement. It would be a difficult task deploying this tool in a corporate environment, not impossible, just difficult.

For the cost of this tool, I can get a netbook, “load it up”, send it to a CFO as a present from a vendor who recommended him on LinkedIn, wait for him to plug it in whether at home or work… Instant and almost guaranteed pwnage. Fulfilling my SOW, game over. So a tool is a tool is a tool.

USB keys … check, Netbook … check … Free iPad … check These almost always pay off without the hassle of thinking about where to deploy plugs. Not to mention, companies believe it or not, are actually wising up. This means in an environment where NAC is deployed, you wasted money on a plug.

hayabusa
      Participant

I’d agree, sil, for black / grey box.  One semi-exception – same exception for which I’m getting mine.  White box testing, where I’m tasked to see from the insiders’ perspectives.  Yeah, I could deploy a laptop or machine, etc, but cheaper (shipping, if remote) and easier to just have them plug in a pwnie for me, and go about my business.

But again, I fully agree with you on the rest.  Just that there are times the little units do come in handy.  Believe it or not, I easily deployed a similarly ‘modified’ unit (non-pwnie, but another vendor’s outlet pc, with my added code – and no, I don’t work for pwnie) in a hospital, in a paid, black box test, too.  Amazing how easy to slap one in a spare network jack under a desk at the check-out / release desk, when they turn their back or go to the printer…  ;-). I have another similar gig coming up, so looking forward to testing out a real pwnie for this one.

R3B005t
      Participant

Options Sil options, sending a netbook to someone in a corporate environment is a great plan and all and the free iPad is even better!  I’ll give you that a small handful of companies are wising up and implementing NAC’s these little guys are still great tools and one can never have too many tools in ones arsenal. 

Anonymous
      Participant

I have Nokia n900 does anyone know where I can get the software to pwn it ? I have had search on Google but could not find ti anywhere.

tturner
      Participant

I believe pwnieexpress will be releasing a free downloadable n900 image for existing n900 owners. Not sure on ETA but I got an email on it a few days ago.

Anonymous
      Participant

Thanks Tturner 😛

sil
      Participant

@tturner wrote:

I believe pwnieexpress will be releasing a free downloadable n900 image for existing n900 owners. Not sure on ETA but I got an email on it a few days ago.

silica > *

http://www.zdnet.com/photos/silica-a-wireless-hacking-tool/53766
      http://immunitysec.com/products-silica.shtml

jsm725
      Participant

@Jamie.R wrote:

looks interesting but only in the USA 🙁

They will ship international, you just need to email them.  😉

http://pwnieexpress.com/faq.html

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?