Libata Framework – From a security point

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      morpheus063
      Participant

Hello All,

Was going through Gentoo Linux Documentation and came across Libata Framework. Couldn’t find much information after a search. So would like to know if any one can throw some light on what is Libata and how it is unique or different from a security standpoint

Thanks in advance 🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

I think it might make more sense if you see it as lib ata.  (ata device driver libraries.)  I may be wrong, but in the context of that document link, I think that’s what it is…

OK, so rather than plain laziness, I did google it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LibATA

morpheus063
      Participant

@hayabusa,

so lib ata (LibATA) is a Library according to wiki and not a framework as mentioned in the Gentoo Linux Documentation? Or they are inter-changeably using the words library and framework?

I did a search for libata framework (as mentioned in the first post) and couldn’t find much.

hayabusa
      Participant

As I understand it, I think you’re correct, in that they used the term ‘framework’ rather loosely / vaguely / incorrectly.  It appears to actually be the libraries / API’s for getting the proper ATA drivers functional, within the kernel.

This is based on / since, even in the context of the Gentoo docs, they were referring to storage drivers, etc.  So I just looked on libata, by itself, and that’s the impression I came away with.

Hope it helps.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?