- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 6 months ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
If there was one thing that I would say was a minor let down, it is the absence of Jolt. It just doesn’t feel like HOPE without one. Apparently, I am just a little nostalgic though, since a new drink has made its way into the hacking culture, it’s name is Club Mate http://club-mate.us/.
Club Mate is the color of beer, and tastes like a watered down ginger ale. It has a descent amount of caffeine and less sugar than most soft drinks (about 27 grams per bottle, which at hope is a .5 liter bottle). I overheard in the elevator that after you finish one, you will be hooked for life. I would not say that I am hooked for life, but I am willing to drink it the rest of the con, and see how I feel towards the end about it.
#1 The first club mate was okay, I was expecting something that tasted very earthy, thankfully it was much milder than I anticipated. It did give me that little boost I was looking for to get me through the day. Overall I can tolerate it, but will be keeping my eye open for a Jolt (yes I could pick up a Jolt at Rite Aid, but it just isn’t the same; and more importantly won’t be as cold).
#2 The second was drank in record time, it is over 95 degrees in New York and at that temp if it’s drinkable, then it is perfect.
#3 After quenching my thirst, I focused on the actual taste, which wasn’t bad. I really started to enjoy the club mate, and one thing is for sure the colder it is, the better it tastes.
In conclusion, I am not hooked on the mate, but I would definitely drink it again. The little amount of sugar and considerable amount of caffeine make it a great alternative to sodas and sports drinks. Yet another way in which the good people of HOPE continue to expand our horizons.
– EH-Net Live! Join us on Wed Jan 29 @ 1:00 PM EST for “Shellcode for the Masses“ w/ John Hammond. Reg Open Now!
– EH-Net Live! December – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Burp-less Hacking – Learning Web Application Pentesting on a Budget” w/ Phillip Wylie from Dec 19.
– EH-Net Live! November – Video & Deck Available Now! for “All Things CTF!” w/ Ray Doyle of EverSecCTF from Nov 21.
– EH-Net Live! October – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Hacking Humans” w/ Hadnagy, Paul & Baron from Oct 29.
– EH-Net Live! August – Video & Deck Available Now! for “Wireshark for Hackers” w/ Laura Chappell from Aug 29.
See all EH-Net Live! Videos
More on the EH-Net YouTube Channel
Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.