Just wanted to say hi to everybody

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Gromic
      Participant

Just wanted to say hi to everybody,

After reading in the forums almost every day for quite some time now, I thought it is finally more then time to actually get registered  🙂 .

I’m really impressed by the helpfullness of the members here and wanted to say thank you for providing such a great and informative forum.  

I am pretty much new to the it-security arena, having a strong interest in web application and network security.  So, at the moment I am trying to improve my skills in TCP/IP, networking, programming, Backtrack & tools, setting up a virtual lab to play with … and so on … with the hope to land a job in pentesting or something related after I have finished my masters in information systems (unfortunatly in the master we don’t learn much about it-security).  Any guidance or tipps on how you guys landed a job in it-security is more then welcome.

Due to what I have read here I also decided to sign up for the eCPPT at elearnsecurity.de (student+pro) shortly to set a solid basis to build upon. I am really looking forward to this hands on experience.  After the eCPPT the next hurdle will be the OSCP. But well, first things first… or how one says: “learn to walk before you run”  ;)…

I am looking forward to read more from you guys, share ideas and learn from each other in the future.  

Greetings,

Gromic

p.s. I wasn’t sure in which forum I can post this, because there is no “newbie post here ;D”  forum. Because I am interested in pentesting I have posted here. So don, in case I posted in the wrong forum (maybe forum:other  ??? ), I am sorry – feel free to move this post to the right location.

impelse
      Participant

Welcome. You will find a lot a people trying to improve programming, tcp/ip, linux, etc skills.

cyberman
      Participant

hello there
      im newbie here like you and i think its amazing hacking forum
      im member of hackthissite.org too but ethicalhacker.net is batter

n3r
      Participant

hello and welcome here !  🙂

hayabusa
      Participant

Welcome, gronic!

Gromic
      Participant

@all  Thx for the welcome messages  🙂

-gromic

rance
      Participant

Good hello and welcome to the new folx!

Don Donzal
      Keymaster

Welcome to EH-Net. Thanks for coming out of lurker status. 😉

You inspired me to create a new child board just for this type of thread. It’s been a long time coming, but I think’s it’s a great way to let the world know that we value new members and helping their careers progress in an ethical manner.

Looking forward,
      Don

Gromic
      Participant

thx for the welcomes rance and don

@don I think the “greetings board” is a great idea.
      It might also encourage other lurkers  ;D to step out and register.

-gromic

Solinus
      Participant

Great introduction! Like many others here, I see alot of similar ideas and likes with your path and your goals. The foundation that you are trying to build for yourself is, I believe, the best first step one can take. I also am hoping to complete the eCPPT, it really looks and sounds like a great course.
      Welcome to the group!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?