Just signed up for wifu

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      pizza1337
      Participant

I just signed up for my wifu course, videos should be coming in few days.
      I’ll write review when i am done.

I am expecting to learn:
      something i can use in pentest
      background and explanation behind the attack, because we all seen youtube videos of kids cracking wep without understanding what goes on.
      802.11 flaws
      how to harden wireless network.

i also WILL get OSWP certificate, which will be my first certificate.

UNIX
      Participant

Nice, looking forward to the review. 😉

Good luck.

Dengar13
      Participant

Very cool.  Can’t wait to hear all about it.  Good luck!

MicroJay
      Participant

Good Luck!  Can’t wait to read about the experience!
      ;D

hayabusa
      Participant

Best of luck to you.  That’s another one on my list to take, someday… (read – when time and budget allow)  ;D

Coming from Offensive, it should be a great course.  Let us know.

rattis
      Participant

On my list too, I’m looking forward to hearing what the course is like first hand.

j0rDy
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

Best of luck to you.  That’s another one on my list to take, someday… (read – when time and budget allow)   ;D

Coming from Offensive, it should be a great course.  Let us know.

from what ive seen the price isnt that high (compared to the price of lets say an ISC2 exam). here you get all the material (in the form of video’s!) and the exam together for a great offer. maybe this is a nice way to start with before OSCP so you can get a feeling of how offensive security does its courses.

n1p
      Participant

I would also like to do Cracking the Perimter or OSCP.. but lack of money is preventing me! Some day though 🙂

pizza1337
      Participant

@n1p wrote:

I would also like to do Cracking the Perimter or OSCP.. but lack of money is preventing me! Some day though 🙂

one of my friends told me the test for CTP is like 48 hours of living hell.

but things you learn from that course are probably very useful.

Ketchup
      Participant

Good luck!

j0rDy
      Participant

@pizza1337 wrote:

@n1p wrote:

one of my friends told me the test for CTP is like 48 hours of living hell.

but things you learn from that course are probably very useful.

amen to the 48 hours of hell, but my guess would be that you will learn more in those 48 hours then any other exam! i can tell you the CISSP exam (6 hours) is hell too, but i would rather sit for a 48h practical exam then 6h coloring dots…

Anquilas
      Participant

Nice one Pizza1337!
      Can’t wait for your opinion on the course. I’m saving for PWB first, but if the review is good about WiFu it becomes #2 on my to-do list 😉

Good luck!

j0rDy
      Participant

i’m curious: how is the exam of this course prepared? can you submit the results any time? is there a time window in which you need to complete the exam or for even the entire course? I could not find this on the Offensive Security Website.

edit: you have 4 hours to complete the exam and 24 hours to submit the results in combination with the notes how you did it.

i still like to know if you have to take the exam within a certain amount of time? (for OSCP you have 30/60/90 days access to the labs, so that gives you a time limit)

UNIX
      Participant

I thought that the lab time does not count for the exam, which would mean that you can do the exam whenever you feel for it – also if the lab time already exceeded. Not sure though.

j0rDy
      Participant

@awesec wrote:

I thought that the lab time does not count for the exam, which would mean that you can do the exam whenever you feel for it – also if the lab time already exceeded. Not sure though.

anyone who can confirm this for OSCP and OSWP?

KrisTeason
      Participant

I know for the OSCP that you need to schedule to take your exam within 90 days from the date that your lab time expires. I’d imagine the OSWP would be the same – the exam could be scheduled in your Student Control panel after you’ve vpn’d into their network.

pizza1337
      Participant

I asked them, Surprisingly its 120 days.

j0rDy
      Participant

Great, thanks for sharing! this gives a nice opportunity to review the accuired knowledge and practise some more before the exam. this lowers the threshold even more!

dynamik
      Participant

Unfortunately, I wasn’t too fond of this course. There’s excellent information on 802.11 in general, but nearly everything on the offensive side of things focused exclusively on WEP. It seemed a bit outdated, and I had trouble staying motivated enough to get through the material. I’m undecided as to whether I’ll even take the challenge. It was probably amazing when it was initially released, but it feels a bit dated at this point. I’d consider GAWN if you were serious about wireless (but that is obviously significantly more expensive).

pizza1337
      Participant

@dynamik wrote:

Unfortunately, I wasn’t too fond of this course. There’s excellent information on 802.11 in general, but nearly everything on the offensive side of things focused exclusively on WEP. It seemed a bit outdated, and I had trouble staying motivated enough to get through the material. I’m undecided as to whether I’ll even take the challenge. It was probably amazing when it was initially released, but it feels a bit dated at this point. I’d consider GAWN if you were serious about wireless (but that is obviously significantly more expensive).

Ill look, right now i am just high school senior i can’t really afford expensive courses.

pizza1337
      Participant

Exam on Sunday,

“The Challenge consists of a live wireless lab with a host BT3 wired/wireless computer you’ll ssh into.  This BT3 machine’s terminal will be your attack vector for the challenge.  From your ssh sessions, you will have 4 hours to explore and attack the wireless lab and to complete the assigned tasks.

Your challenge results should be submitted within 24 hours of the end of your challenge, and should include documentation and explanations for each step taken in the exam.”

UNIX
      Participant

Good luck on the exam.

Could you give more information about the complexity and scope of the WiFu course? It seems to me that you were either very fast or that there is not that much to do, considering the date when you signed up for the course. Personally I am more interested in OSCP, but I’d consider WiFu as well. Usually people write that 30 days might be too short for OSCP because there’s so much to do, so I am wondering here.

Anquilas
      Participant

Indeed, the learning period seems much shorter then OSCP? Is it that ‘easy’ or were you just able to study full-time at it these last week(s).

In any case: good luck! Kick some exam *ss ^^

j0rDy
      Participant

good luck! tell us how you did!

WiFu is significant smaller then OSCP because there is simply less material to work with regarding the subject. i read that WiFu equals 10 CPE’s for your CISSP certificate, while OSCP counts for 30 CPE’s. Given this i’d say compared to OSCP, WiFu is a walk in the park ;). Also the exam is shorter (4h compared to 24h) so it should be doable with enough prior knowledge. personally i cant wait to get started on the Offensive Security certifications! Still have some other issues to work out first…

What90
      Participant

pizza1337,

Best of luck! Take it one step at a time, keep good notes and you’ll be fine 🙂

@awesec
      If you don’t have any experience with wireless this course is a well balanced, straightforward introduction, but is focused toward WEP. Obviously WEP is still alive and well so the content is still relevant.
      I’ve leave a full review to pizza1337, not to steal any of his thunder.

UNIX
      Participant

WiFu is not on my top ranked points I’d like to achieve soon (whereas OSCP is one of them), though I am interested in it. Was just curious and may take it when I have done some of the other certs on my list.

pizza1337
      Participant

done with exam, took less than 1 hour.  😮 8)
      review and information soon.

Anquilas
      Participant

Congrats! Looking forward to it 🙂

j0rDy
      Participant

@pizza1337 wrote:

done with exam, took less than 1 hour.  😮 8)
      review and information soon.

Great! i thought about you yesterday, lets hope it helped 😀

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?