Just joined the ranks – OSCP v3

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      hayabusa
      Participant

Passed my OSCP this weekend.  Should’ve been a perfect score, but the last box in the challenge I was working on eluded me, as I’ve been on some heavy pain meds from a car accident last weekend, that had me spinning.  But I’m not one for excuses, and I passed, anyway, so w00t!

For all of those in the process, or planning to be, it’s a great experience, you’ll learn a lot, even if you are well-versed, already, and you’ll have a really good time along the way.  Just be prepared for long hours and lots of self-paced study!

Tim

zeroflaw
      Participant

Congratulations! And at least you know you could have had a perfect score 😉

dynamik
      Participant

Congratulations dude!

What’s the next project?

hayabusa
      Participant

Thanks, to you both!  😀

Well, I have a promise out to Armando Romeo, to try to work on his eLearnSecurity cert.  So for the moment, that’s on my plate.  After that, we’ll see where I head.  Right now, catching up on some missed family time with the wife and our 4 kids!

Edit: Oh yeah, and I’m awaiting the books I won from the Syngress contest a few months ago, to have some reading materials, and working on a new presentation for my employer, to promote some of our ‘security-related’ products.

rattis
      Participant

way to go Hayabusa. Sorry to hear about the accident. But at least you’re functional.

UNIX
      Participant

Congrats, hayabusa. 😉

hayabusa
      Participant

Yeah, functional is always good!    😛

Forgot to add, when asked about my ‘upcoming plans’ earlier…  Wife had me rip out our old deck a few weeks back, and she JUST got her new patio stone / blocks delivered the other day, so as soon as my meds do enough for me, and I’m back in action, I’ll be busy with some PHYSICAL LABOR for a bit… 

KrisTeason
      Participant

Very nice hayabusa. (: congrats! Be sure to update your sig.

impelse
      Participant

Congrats

hayabusa
      Participant

@xXxKrisxXx wrote:

Very nice hayabusa. (: congrats! Be sure to update your sig.

Done… (and posted a new Sun Tzu quote… was due for an update.)

ziggy_567
      Participant

Hey, man…do the hard labor while you still have the pain meds!!! Work hard during the day, sit on the couch and pop a few pills at night….you won’t feel the pain!

Seriously, though, congrats!

salil
      Participant

Congrats Hayabusa! Way to go.

hayabusa
      Participant

@ziggy_567 wrote:

Hey, man…do the hard labor while you still have the pain meds!!! Work hard during the day, sit on the couch and pop a few pills at night….you won’t feel the pain!

Seriously, though, congrats!

Yeah, I won’t feel the pain… until AFTER I’m out of meds…  ::)  OUCH!!!

I must admit, I’d probably tell others the same thing!

caissyd
      Participant

Congrats Hayabusa!

yatz
      Participant

Nicely done!  Now go spend time with the kids!!!  ;D

BillV
      Participant

Cool! Nice work and congrats! Well done. 🙂

j0rDy
      Participant

Congrats Hayabusa! did you spend any time on the lab machines? i just cant seem to find the time to do so :S

Xen
      Participant

Knew you’ll pass it. Congrats!

BTW I hope you’re fine after the accident.

hayabusa
      Participant

@jordy – the lab machines actually came pretty easily for me (but some of that was from experience)  The exam machines took a bit more time and effort, and there were a few curve balls I honestly didn’t expect.  But if you spend the time on the labs, you should be good on the exam.

@Equix3n – doin’ ok, but the residual pain in my neck and back is almost as distracting as the meds are hindering… So it’s a sort of lose-lose situation, especially with my current customer load at work.  But I’m confident that, sooner or later, I’ll be feeling better.  :'(

Anquilas
      Participant

You will Hayabusa, hopefully sooner rather then later.
      A very big congrats on getting the OSCP, it’s a definite inspiration!

Now get your *ss on the sofa or with your family and get some well-deserved rest  😉

aphelion
      Participant

congrats hayabusa!

maybe everyone who passes OSCP should get a tattoo…like they do in the marines…seems like a real experience to go through  ;D

Darktaurus
      Participant

Congrates Hayabusa!!! I am sorry to hear about the pain but you definitely have to time to rest now.  Congrates again.  You are really inspiring people especially being about to manage you time with a family.  NICE WORK! 😉

hayabusa
      Participant

@Anquilas – yes, aside of working, spending the time resting and with the family, for a little bit.  (Believe me, I don’t need reminding )

@aphelion – funny you should say that… although it’s not because of OSCP or anything, I’m actually in the middle of getting a new tat as we speak.  Started it the day after my exam, and likely finishing it, end of this week.

@KillJ0y – glad to be of inspiration to you and / or others.  I’m just one who always likes to try to give 125%, for myself or others, even when I need to slow down and get my rest!  (And at that, I’ll go get some  😛 )

Knb15
      Participant

A little late to the party, but congratulations!!

DavidW
      Participant

Congrats, hayabusa!  This is one course that I am certainly looking forward to when the time comes.  I’m starting to study for the CEH presently since my Security+ is done and even though late in the game, I got my MCSE: Security and can’t wait to continue to pursue my path into the security world.  Congratulations again!  🙂

eternal_security
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

Passed my OSCP this weekend.  Should’ve been a perfect score, but the last box in the challenge I was working on eluded me, as I’ve been on some heavy pain meds from a car accident last weekend, that had me spinning.  But I’m not one for excuses, and I passed, anyway, so w00t!

For all of those in the process, or planning to be, it’s a great experience, you’ll learn a lot, even if you are well-versed, already, and you’ll have a really good time along the way.  Just be prepared for long hours and lots of self-paced study!

Tim

Congratulations on the OSCP – that is no easy feat!!  And are those pain meds for the result of your accident or from taking the PWB class and OSCP exam?  😉

hayabusa
      Participant

Lol!  No, definitely from the car accident.  Just wish they actually eased the pain.  Docs keep prescribing the same things, even when I tell them nothing’s helping.  My latest was that the docs ordered an MRI for me, and come to find out, they ordered it on the completely wrong section of my spine, so now I’m waiting for yet another one to be done, as the chiropractor and others are afraid to do anything else, based on my pain and what they’re seeing / feeling, without having a better picture of what’s going on.

I’m actually going to be taking the next two weeks (this coming Saturday through Sept 5) off work, to TRY to rest, as I can’t even lay in bed with any comfort, and GOOD, restful sleep has eluded me now for almost 6 weeks.

But nah, OSCP was challenging, but not so much as to make me have to self-medicate!   😛

eternal_security
      Participant

@hayabusa wrote:

Lol!  No, definitely from the car accident.  Just wish they actually eased the pain.  Docs keep prescribing the same things, even when I tell them nothing’s helping.  My latest was that the docs ordered an MRI for me, and come to find out, they ordered it on the completely wrong section of my spine, so now I’m waiting for yet another one to be done, as the chiropractor and others are afraid to do anything else, based on my pain and what they’re seeing / feeling, without having a better picture of what’s going on.

I’m actually going to be taking the next two weeks (this coming Saturday through Sept 5) off work, to TRY to rest, as I can’t even lay in bed with any comfort, and GOOD, restful sleep has eluded me now for almost 6 weeks.

But nah, OSCP was challenging, but not so much as to make me have to self-medicate!   😛

Well, I hope the docs figure out what’s wrong and I’ll be praying for a quick recovery for you. (BTW, you should make them pay for that extra MRI) Congrats again on the OSCP!!

Kind regards,
      eternal_security

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?