Just Curious

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #7778
      Yet
      Participant

      Hello, i am just curious why hackers get caught even Pro ?

    • #48723
      shadowzero
      Participant

      There’s always someone better?

    • #48724
      Jamie.R
      Participant

      It can be for many reason:

      1 silly mistake – Everyone has an off day or makes silly mistake
      Other hackers grass them up – People get jealous or caught and make deals with FBI,Police so on

      Someone better – There is a lot to know about security no one knows everything

      I am sure there lots of other reason 

    • #48725
      Yet
      Participant

      Yeah, but it’s depend on how smart people are  .

      @Jamie.R wrote:

      It can be for many reason:

      1 silly mistake – Everyone has an off day or makes silly mistake
      Other hackers grass them up – People get jealous or caught and make deals with FBI,Police so on

      Someone better – There is a lot to know about security no one knows everything

      I am sure there lots of other reason 

    • #48726
      Jamie.R
      Participant

      but there are always smarter people as long you have money to employee them.

      Lets say you member of anonymous and you use a VPN service thinking you all 1337 the FBI just go to that provider and say we want these records and get your details.

      Look that guy who got caught by FBI he posted a picture of his GF online and they grabed the image and got the geo tagging information from the picture that gave them the exact GPS position of where the picture was taken. that how he got busted

      Then you got the other guy not sure how he got busted but he mad a deal with FBI and help them catch other members.

    • #48727
      Yet
      Participant

      Yeah there are always smart people but some times smart people are easily fooled, everything comes down to, be always cautious  .

    • #48728
      Jamie.R
      Participant

      yes but people always drop their guard it just human nature. Some of it as well is when people don’t get caught they get greedy and think they never get caught so take more risk its same reason why most bank robbers get caught and other criminals they always take that one step too many.

    • #48729
      S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

      Most of the ones that get busted are nothing more then Script Kiddies who have no idea what they are doing. When they bust into a site they then gloat about it all over the internets or tweet the hell out of it. It’s human nature I guess to want to get some kind of praise or approval for something we have “accomplish”!

    • #48730
      Jamie.R
      Participant

      hmm I guess but not everyone who get caughty is not just script kiddie. Kevin micknick got caughty I would never class him as script kiddie. I do agree that most probabley are the fact is everyone makes mistakes and that is usally their downdfall.

    • #48731
      Yet
      Participant

      Yeah you get that right .

      @S3curityM0nkey wrote:

      Most of the ones that get busted are nothing more then Script Kiddies who have no idea what they are doing. When they bust into a site they then gloat about it all over the internets or tweet the hell out of it. It’s human nature I guess to want to get some kind of praise or approval for something we have “accomplish”!


      Well as you said people make mistakes but ignorance is another thing .

      @Jamie.R wrote:

      hmm I guess but not everyone who get caughty is not just script kiddie. Kevin micknick got caughty I would never class him as script kiddie. I do agree that most probabley are the fact is everyone makes mistakes and that is usally their downdfall.

    • #48732
      m0wgli
      Participant

      As already mentioned before carelessness or greed. Sabu of LulzSec got caught because he logged into IRC before going through Tor.

      http://www.americablog.com/2012/03/how-fbi-caught-lulzsec-hacker-sabu-and.html

    • #48733
      Yet
      Participant

      Yeah that’s right i guess everyone should be learning from this little mistake .

      @m0wgli wrote:

      As already mentioned before carelessness or greed. Sabu of LulzSec got caught because he logged into IRC before going through Tor.

      http://www.americablog.com/2012/03/how-fbi-caught-lulzsec-hacker-sabu-and.html

    • #48734
      S3curityM0nkey
      Participant

      “hmm I guess but not everyone who get caughty is not just script kiddie. “

      I agree! But a lot of the ones that get done are just script kiddies and thats why they get caught. They run tools and sploits without knowing what they do and the mess they make in logs!

      People like Kevin are not in the same class as a lot of the guys who get done today….. He is a true talent!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2020 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?