Juniper NSM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      cd1zz
      Participant

Does anyone have experience with NSM from Juniper? I’m trying to get geek to geek information, not sales speak. I’m trying to figure out if I need this or not. They’re telling me that I can only have basic control of the IDP modules without this thing. I’m just trying to figure out what functionality I wont get… Let me know if anyone has experience with this.

tturner
      Participant

Centralized management and consistency of configuration and rulesets is huge. Just my personal opinion. I’ve used it in the past and been relatively pleased.

cd1zz
      Participant

But what if we’re talking about 1 SRX to manage, overkill it seems?

tturner
      Participant

I probably would not for a single device, but I’m not a firewall expert and there may be some functionality I’m missing. What key features were they trying to sell you on?

cd1zz
      Participant

They were trying to tell me that I only got “basic IDP configuration abilities” on the native device and that if I wanted more advanced configuration abilities I needed NSM. None of their literature states that though. NSM does look awesome I just don’t think we can justify it for this client on one device.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright ©2021 Caendra, Inc.

Contact Us

Thoughts, suggestions, issues? Send us an email, and we'll get back to you.

Sending

Sign in with Caendra

Forgot password?Sign up

Forgot your details?